• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sweating

vergil96

My sweating is getting worse and worse. Last year I thought that maybe I just attend more demanding trainings, and I sweated within reasonable boundaies, as much as you would expect from sport in my opinion, but recently my gi is wet like I just took a shower and sweat is puring all over me and I have wet hair too. Is it... normal? Is it better to use antiperspirant all over or not? What about the head? It's so uncomfortable.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I wouldn't worry, it means you're working hard. I used to stress about this in my teens as out of nowhere I started sweating loads during training. Even when I got really fit it never went away.

If it is worrying you a lot you could check in with your doctor but its normal for a lot of people to be dripping in sweat if they've worked hard in class.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Some people just sweat more than others, too. If you're like that, then there probably isn't a whole lot you can do about it, other than making sure to clean up after training.

• 2 weeks later...

It is probably due to the fact that you are attending more demanding sessions.

Your body will adapt the more you attend, and the better it will respond to such stressors. So you will still sweat, but not nearly as much.

• 3 months later...

I sweat like the dickens during a workout. For me I drink plenty of water, wear an absorbent t-shirt under the gi, and carry a small microfiber towel in the top of my gi. Sweating isn’t a bad thing — it keeps you cool from all the heat you are generating.

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

• 2 months later...

Sweating profusely during training feels very rewarding for me. Its a sign of hard work during a training session. I would just caution and make sure you stay hydrated with electrolytes. I have classmates that drip sweat from the minute dawn the gi and stretch.