• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you have a personal fitness challenge right now?

Alan Armstrong

2000 steps = 1 mile- Appropriately

1500 steps = 1 kilometre - Approximately

For me:

11 x 2 = 22 steps Approximately - From couch to refrigerator and back.

Appropriately:

68 Trips in Kilometres

90 Trips in Miles

As I walk 20 miles a day, this equals 20 Miles x 90 Trips back and forth from couch to refrigerator = 1800

So their you have it, for me, I need to take 1800 trips from my couch to my refrigerator and back to the couch, to get my daily 20 mile walk.

Just putting things in perspective, no calories were consumed in this exercise.

How many trips are you making to your refrigerator and back in a day?

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My goal for the past two years has been to do a full split, and it will continue to be my main goal until I achieve it.

Shotokan 1st Kyu who wants to delve as deep as possible into the style's history and meaning.

Other styles practiced:

-Tang Soo Do (2nd Gup Red Belt)

-WTF Taekwondo (7th Gup Yellow Belt).

• 3 months later...

My goal for this year is to be able to do 49 pushups before my birthday (in July).

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

Three years ago I underwent a double lung transplant, and I am currently in the hospital after having had a serious bout of pneumonia (along with other complications) in mid-January. So my current fitness challenge is to work on my PT regimen and get strong enough to leave the hospital and resume my at-home karate training, hopefully by the end of March. The good news is that I have managed to remain COVID-free through all of this. :)

Japan Karate Association (JKA), 1974-1990, Sandan

Three years ago I underwent a double lung transplant, and I am currently in the hospital after having had a serious bout of pneumonia (along with other complications) in mid-January. So my current fitness challenge is to work on my PT regimen and get strong enough to leave the hospital and resume my at-home karate training, hopefully by the end of March. The good news is that I have managed to remain COVID-free through all of this. :)
Incredible SLK59 with all you have endured and continued with your MA journey. It really goes to show how your spirit is a winning one. :bowofrespect: :bow:

Incredible SLK59 with all you have endured and continued with your MA journey. It really goes to show how your spirit is a winning one. :bowofrespect: :bow:

I second that! What a horrible experience that must have been! Keep up the good work, and you'll get there!

I second that! What a horrible experience that must have been! Keep up the good work, and you'll get there!

I third that wholeheartedly!! Hang in there!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Wow, it's great that you've managed to avoid COVID! Sorry to hear of these issues though, Scott.

Patrick