• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi everyone!

Antonio94

Hi everyone! I'm Antonio, 23 years old, from England. I'm currently working as writer and due to my work's nature, I work before computer for a really long time. Recently I sense that my body is getting weaker and I was thinking it's better if I start to work out and take care of my health more.

Besides working out, I also concern about my safety. Currently I'm living in Vietnam, probably for 3 months. Although it's quite peaceful here but a Vietnamese friend often recommend me to learn some sort of self-defense, just in case. I'm not sure what he meant but since he's native, he probably knows something.

I hope to learn and share my experience with you guys. Thanks!

Edited by Antonio94

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Antonio, welcome to the forum.

If you look for self defence Krav Maga is a good option...although many art can do the job, but KM is expressly made for this purpose.

Welcome to the forum.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

Welcome to the forum!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Welcome to the Forum Antonio.

Unfortunately I do not know much about Vietnam, but i'd think that your friend might be on to something.

What has your google search come up with Self-Defense or MA Schools come up with?