• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Returning to the Martial Arts After a Hip Replacement

bball197046

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'd recommend speaking to your physician and surgeon about it, and also possibly whoever is managing your rehabilitation.

Have you already commenced normal levels of exercise that is putting the area under stress?

That is to ensure that it is safe for you to commence training, especially since you're a year out from major surgery.

I'd recommend speaking to your physician and surgeon about it, and also possibly whoever is managing your rehabilitation.

Have you already commenced normal levels of exercise that is putting the area under stress?

That is to ensure that it is safe for you to commence training, especially since you're a year out from major surgery.

Completely agree , it's a major surgery & better to be on the safe side & check with your doctor first

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

I'd say if you are a year out, and are doing daily routine things, then I don't see why you couldn't start back up. You need to listen to your body when you train, and just pace yourself, and test the waters as you go forward.

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

ninjanurse- thanks for linking the interviews! good things for me to think about (I just had hip surgery, not a replacement, but a PAO) and I'm nodding my head along to everything these guys are saying. holy cow

Shaolin Kempo, 1st Dan (earned 3 July 2018 in China)

ITF Tae Kwon Do, 2nd Dan (earned 6 June 2009 in San Diego, CA)

Almost 20 years of martial arts training in total