• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Passed my 2nd Dan in Tang Soo Do

Haven't been around for a while, but just wanted to say that I passed my 2nd Dan grading in Tang Soo Do earlier in the month.

Very nervous, as I haven't been well the last few years and my grading was pushed back from last year (it was agreed at the time)...

Did the following:

1. Basics

2. One step sparring (not formal)

3. Sparring

4. Knife defences

5. Forms (any previous forms that my instructor asked), as well as Naihanchi Cho Dan and Sam Dam (ee Dan was left out which threw me for a minute)

5a. My favorite form: Wanshu (plus applications of it - formal, as well as what is known as "Kiso kumite" in Japanese karate - structured sparring drawn from a kata).

6. Breaking (mulitple board breaking on stand as well as combination breaking).

I think that's everything on the day, however not 100% sure as the day went like a blur... (Added to that we're also assessed in the class, we're not invited to grade if we're not ready).

The bruises are only starting to fade now (it's been 1 1/2 weeks), and my right arm is still sore. But the smile on my face is it still there.

Now working towards my 3rd Dan :)

-Ken

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrats, Ken on your being promoted to 2nd Dan! Hopefully, your pursuit for 3rd Dan won't keep you away from KF; I enjoy your inputs!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thanks guys, I was really lucky as I was put on another course of prednisolone and a trial of pregabalin about 1 month before the grading and that helped a lot.

Got a lot of training to do before my 3rd Dan, haha. Here's a virtual drink to that :)

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04