• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

One of my most fun classes yet!

Canadian77

Class last night was so much fun! It started out on a good foot - - a fun warm up that included an obstacle course involving jumping over pads, crawling under things, etc. We did some combinations to work on basics, and those were fun too. With kata work it was the first time I have been able to get all the way through Heian Nidan with no help (several times), I finally know my second kata completely, yay! Now just to work on fine tuning it. We also learned a bunch of new takedowns, and I actually picked them up really quickly, where I usually need to be shown a bunch of times step by step to get the self-defense techniques. And at the end the sensei showed us a good portion of a kata with the tonfa weapons. My very first experience with weapons! He went through slowly and carefully, explaining technique as he went. It was awesome! I don't think we really use weapons as part of the curriculum until higher belts (I'm only yellow), but it was so much fun to get a taste - - and definitely gives me more to look forward to.

Most of my classes have lots of variety, I always end up learning something new. But this particular class was just that much more, so I had to share. I knew you all would understand my excitement. :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I know how you feel. I've been training in my current club for about 2 years, and I still get butterflies on the way to class!

Have just as much fun in your next class!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

That's great Canadian77 ... so happy for your achievements with the kata.

wish you always have fun and enjoy your classes ... keep yourself motivated all the time :wink:

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Class last night was so much fun! It started out on a good foot - - a fun warm up that included an obstacle course involving jumping over pads, crawling under things, etc. We did some combinations to work on basics, and those were fun too. With kata work it was the first time I have been able to get all the way through Heian Nidan with no help (several times), I finally know my second kata completely, yay! Now just to work on fine tuning it. We also learned a bunch of new takedowns, and I actually picked them up really quickly, where I usually need to be shown a bunch of times step by step to get the self-defense techniques. And at the end the sensei showed us a good portion of a kata with the tonfa weapons. My very first experience with weapons! He went through slowly and carefully, explaining technique as he went. It was awesome! I don't think we really use weapons as part of the curriculum until higher belts (I'm only yellow), but it was so much fun to get a taste - - and definitely gives me more to look forward to.

Most of my classes have lots of variety, I always end up learning something new. But this particular class was just that much more, so I had to share. I knew you all would understand my excitement. :)

You may only be a yellow belt, but you've a BB heart in the making!! Stay true to yourself, be honest with yourself as well as others, and train very hard!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I know how you feel. I've been training in my current club for about 2 years, and I still get butterflies on the way to class!

Oh, that's normal? I thought I was a bit weird - I've been training for a year and I still feel nervous when going to class. It's always different, so you never know what's coming! :D

You may only be a yellow belt, but you've a BB heart in the making!! Stay true to yourself, be honest with yourself as well as others, and train very hard!!

:)

:up: :up: :up:

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Oh, that's normal? I thought I was a bit weird - I've been training for a year and I still feel nervous when going to class. It's always different, so you never know what's coming! :D

Same here. Shands Sensei never does the same class twice in a row, so one day, depending on attendance, he may do a strictly self defense against weapons class. Or he may just do a Shotokan drilling class. Or just Kata. Etc. But he always keeps it interesting and fun! That's why I get the butterflies. Because I'm super pumped to be going there!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

I'd say it's very normal, I've been training for around 4 years with my current club, and I am also an instructor for the kids class. Yet... I still get em for every class :P

Goju Ryu - Shodan

My MA Blog: http://gojublog.com

Personal Blog: http://zenerth.tumblr.com