• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

am i getting enough sleep at night?

99 days out of 100 I wake up exhausted. Doesn't matter if I got 5 hours of sleep or 15. I'm pretty sure this is a bad sign, and I get a lot less done because of it. On days when I don't work in the morning and I wake up feeling rested at around 9 or 10 am, I am shocked at how much I can get done. It makes me wonder, if most of the rest of the world spends less than 12 hours a day laying in bed, how come there are so many problems? What are people doing with all of that time on their hands? Also, I'm pretty sure I should get myself checked at a sleep center to make sure I don't have something wrong :P

I would recommend checking with your GP if you are deficient in Iron or Vitamin B12 as both deficiencies might cause tiredness and fatigue :-?

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
99 days out of 100 I wake up exhausted. Doesn't matter if I got 5 hours of sleep or 15. I'm pretty sure this is a bad sign, and I get a lot less done because of it. On days when I don't work in the morning and I wake up feeling rested at around 9 or 10 am, I am shocked at how much I can get done. It makes me wonder, if most of the rest of the world spends less than 12 hours a day laying in bed, how come there are so many problems? What are people doing with all of that time on their hands? Also, I'm pretty sure I should get myself checked at a sleep center to make sure I don't have something wrong :P

I would recommend checking with your GP if you are deficient in Iron or Vitamin B12 as both deficiencies might cause tiredness and fatigue :-?

Great post yes exactly!

To this I'll add check your diet, you maybe simply not getting what the body needs or at the least enough of what it needs!

from my own experiences! I was working towards the national championships last year, and being so focused on that single task I completely lost track of the larger picture, the result was for about a week ten days I was a slug always tiered and feeling weak.

I'd manged to completely remove carbs from diet!

Not sure how I managed it but as soon as I had a good handful of sandwiches and bowls of grain based cereal I was up active and full of energy!

Do check your diet!

Edited by Hawkmoon

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Great post yes exactly!

To this I'll add check your diet, you maybe simply not getting what the body needs or at the least enough of what it needs!

from my own experiences! I was working towards the national championships last year, and being so focused on that single task I completely lost track of the larger picture, the result was for about a week ten days I was a slug always tiered and feeling weak.

I'd manged to completely remove carbs from diet!

Not sure how I managed it but as soon as I had a good handful of sandwiches and bowls of grain based cereal I was up active and full of energy!

Do check your diet!

Diet is a good point to check as well ;)

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.