• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

am i getting enough sleep at night?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sounds fine to me. BUT...I'm no doctor! Ask your parents, and ask a doctor. I believe that 8 hours is the rule of thumb, but I also think that's subjective to 8 RESTFUL hours, and not tossing all night and/or visiting the bathroom a lot.

Seek the advice of your parents and your doctor!!

:)

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

My doctors recommendation is 7 and a half hours a night. So you would be right on the money.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

While 7-9 hours (8 hours being average) of sleep per night is a common goal, it does really depend on the individual. The question for you is... Are you able to do the things that you need to do during the day.

Why should we have eight hours' sleep?

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

'ALL' of the above, but more to this is the quality of sleep that you are getting!

If you wake up in the morning and find yourself saying 'I couldn't get comfortable' or 'I was tossing and turning all night last night'

or

maybe you simply feel like you could do with more sleep

or

you take ages to actually 'wake up' or get up/get going for that matter

.......you need more sleep because you didn't sleep soundly that night!

Consider changing the mattress!

If its a soft mattress one get a firmer one, and so on.

Not sure about the stores in your area, but around where I live they let you get on them and 'test' them to see if they feel nice or better.(no you don't get to sleep on them)

The idea is to give you a chance to pick the one that is more to your liking way better than 'pit luck' and just ordering this or that one and then not feeling comfortable on it!

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

'ALL' of the above, but more to this is the quality of sleep that you are getting!

If you wake up in the morning and find yourself saying 'I couldn't get comfortable' or 'I was tossing and turning all night last night'

or

or

Not sure about the stores in your area, but around where I live they let you get on them and 'test' them to see if they feel nice or better.(no you don't get to sleep on them)

The idea is to give you a chance to pick the one that is more to your liking way better than 'pit luck' and just ordering this or that one and then not feeling comfortable on it!

Solid post :)

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

or

or

Great advice

I find I need a good 12 hours :D

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

or

or

Great advice

I find I need a good 12 hours :D

Do you GET the good 12 hours? I mean, you're extremely busy as it is.

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!

99 days out of 100 I wake up exhausted. Doesn't matter if I got 5 hours of sleep or 15. I'm pretty sure this is a bad sign, and I get a lot less done because of it. On days when I don't work in the morning and I wake up feeling rested at around 9 or 10 am, I am shocked at how much I can get done. It makes me wonder, if most of the rest of the world spends less than 12 hours a day laying in bed, how come there are so many problems? What are people doing with all of that time on their hands? Also, I'm pretty sure I should get myself checked at a sleep center to make sure I don't have something wrong :P

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein