• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

1/29

Drilled punch block sequence from guard.

30 min free roll.

2 rounds no gi w strikes.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29/1

100 pushups . (3 sets- 2x30 - 40)

50 sit ups.

20 mins free (light) sparring.

Rest of session kihon. - 10th kyu to 1st kyu

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

1/29/2014

DT Club: 1:30 - 3:00 pm. Warmed up with some ground pummelling, and then worked on punch block defenses 1-4, progressing from guard to the opponent standing, swinging the foot out of the way, and defending with the knee across to get out of side control. Spent a lot of time on #1 from guard. From #2 and #3, we started in guard, the bad guy postures up, and after waiting three punches, we sucked the bad guy back down into guard. For #4, the bad guy gets to side control. We brought the knee across for the first variation, and worked to elevator sweep. Second variation went from full side control, getting back to guard, and elevator.

1/30/2014

TKD Class: 7:00 - 8:00 pm. Basics went quick, and wore me out. Had a stretch afterwards, and went through my form, trying to get through the sticking points. Did one-steps afterwards, working with a low-orange belt, trying to get some of the finer points of hand-foot timing down. At the end of class, there was a high orange belt and a low green belt that the instructor did an informal testing for. They both did decently. After class, I spent about 10 solid minutes going over the 2nd half of my form, trying to get it down. I'm pretty close to having it memorized, and then can start really breaking it down.

2/1

Last day of drilling pure punch block sequence.

15 min of "shark tank" open mat.

8 min round to finish ou.

3/2/2014

my 3rd class :)

10 min : stretching

20 min : fitness (couldn't breath after 10 min but tried to go on :bawling: )

35 min : combinations (was completely lost as I know only 3 punches, 2 kicks and 2 blocks which i can practice one by one not in combinations in addition to doing such combinations very fast :( )

good thing : I was good with all the basics that I have been taught last class :)

funny thing: If I video tapped myself in combinations, I would stop laughing on what I was doing :rofl: kicks and punches everywhere and anywhere, but I am sure with training one day I will do it :D

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

3/2/14 2 hour class (+ a further one hour added at the end of it, so 3 hours overall)

warm up - jogging around the dojo, sensei yells 'up' you do a tuck jump, 'down' touch ground, 'swap' run to another part of the mat, 'switch' change directions

Sanchin Kata (Twice) with people striking body (with kicks, punches, resitance to techniques, hit with belt etc)

Taikyoku Katas (Jodan to Mawashi Ichi), Gekesai Ichi + Ni, saifa, seeiunchin, sanseru, seisun, kururunfa + Sepai. all slow by the count so you would be wrecked by the end of it.

15 minutes of high intensity training

- 50 push ups

- 50 sit ups

- 30 crunches

- 100 bilateral slides in shiko dachi

- kicks (20 of each - 10 off each leg)

- front kick, groin kick, roundhouse kick (Jodan Mawashi Geri), reverse roundhouse kick, spinning heel kick

- 100 "strongman" uchi's with both arms

- 50 tuck jumps

- 50 "super" burpees (Squat, Push up, sit up, tuck jump)

10 rounds (3 minutes each round) of light kumite (full contact, throws + takedowns allowed etc)

stretching required afterwards

and ended up having an ice bath to help my muscles recoup.

2/3

Drilled attacks from bottom side. Arm bar and reverse triangle.

40 min free roll.

1 round of takedowns.

3/2

...a 'Mock' grading!

All kihon

All exercise

All kata

All Ren-Raku

All ippon/sanbon kumite

from 10th kyu to 1st kyu!

(I kind'a ache this morning!)

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.