• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

2/5

Drilled arm bar from bottom side, then into kimura.

30 min free roll.

10 min roll with strikes

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 Feb 2014.

-5 min streching.

-5 min dynamic kicking.

-45 min heavy bagwork, full power at 80% speed. Focus on technique and power in round kicks and punching combinations (hand wraps only).

-10 min circuit = jumping squats, pushups, weighted row, clean/press, burpees.

-15 min Weights and abs.

- 10 Walk and stretch to cool down.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

6/2/14

10 min: stretching & warm up

Then:

100 pushups

50 squeats

150 crunches

50 jack jumps

20 of each kick

Bag work:

100 jodan tsuki

100 hook punch

100 side kicks

Then a nice 1st Dan guy taught me my first kata Taikyoku-Sono-Ichi

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

6/2/14

45 min run

20 hill sprints - 50 m run up a 60 degree angle. Sprint up walk down. Once at bottom 10 seconds to go again

37 sit ups

37 push ups (doing the push up challenge 1 push up a day. Increasing number of push ups each day. so january 1st you do 1 push up, January 2nd you do 2 pushups. all way up to December 31st where you do 365 push ups. except on leap year where you do 366)

Kata sanchin with hand weights.

All advanced Kata after Saifa with proper technique

2/3/2014

Wrestling practice: 3:45 pm - 4:10 pm. We worked on his stand-up drills, and also worked on some movement drills for when he is on top of someone he has broken down.

Taught TKD class: 6:00 - 7:30 pm. Got through basics well, and then during the forms session of the class, there were a few too many kids snickering and jabbering along the side of the room, so I brought all the students up, and did forms review. Along with getting through some of the new forms for those who tested, the students did some review, and I also took some time to break down some sections of Do San and Yul Gok that tend to be tricky.

2/7/2014

Wrestling: Practiced with Kendall, from 3:55 - 4:35 pm. We worked on stance work to start with, and an arm-drag takedown to cover, and switching with the momentum, wrapping in a headlock, and keeping chest to chest, and weight on the balls of the feet. We also worked on what the coaches called a "fat man roll," which was a kind of reversal where he hooks the elbow, rolls, then has to jump over and get into a pin position. I think it might be a good move for him. He also did some jump rope and some rope machine work for a small amount of conditioning.

I also did Choong Jang twice, which I think I have down now, so I can really start cleaning it up. Also did some time on the rope machine, which is awesome, and some sets of pushups.

2/7

Drilled another armbar set up from bottom side followed by kimura.

25 min free roll.

2/9

Drilled knife work. Return drill, live versions of progressing complexity and some functional de-ranging work. Finished with a bit of knife sparring.

2/9

Drilled knee slide guard pass from open guard at range followed by the same pass from a tighter position but still open.

20 min free roll.

20 min free form knife work. Return drill then same with pressure. Some flow work. 5 count defanging drill.