• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a street fight situation, it seems to make more sense that any kicks will be bellow the belt. As a result, I don't really see the importance of having to train high kicks.

In addition, I would like to know you guys opinion about the kicks which should be used in a street fight and the one you must avoid at all cost.

Do:

Stump, roundhouse to the knee....

Don't:

Wheel kicks, crescent kicks....

Cresent kicks are good if a guy has a knife.

Any way I like to fake a punch to the head and when he raises his hands to protect himself front kick him in the gut or knee. It hasn't failed me yet! :karate:

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky"

-Hendrix

• 2 months later...

Tuo Jiau ( pierceing foot). This is a northern style.

They litteraly rely soley on their legs. I exchanged hands with one of them. It is trully a unforgetable experience. Their kicks are so fast, I can't even get inside ( I study Hsing-I and Bagua, so I need to fight close distance). My exponent never even bother to use his hands since his legs are very fast and keep people out. Try this one out if you are interested.

BTW, anyone seen Hwang Jang Lee's instructional video called "The Art of High-Impact Kicking"?

"Hwang Jang Lee

Nickname

Silver Fox

King of the Leg Fighters

Former taekwondo(eventually reaching 7th dan equivalent) teacher of Korean Army

This Korean powerhouse actually killed a man in real life (in self-defense) during when he was stationed in Vietnam, during war there. It seems the man was a "knife expert" who claimed that the knife is superior to "any" form of unarmed combat. Wang disagreed with that "statement" and an argument soon followed where the "knife expert" challenged Wang to "prove" his point to which Wang declined, went to turn his back when the guy lunged at him. Wang turned and fired a "round-kick" hitting the guy "square" in the temple, killing him instantly."

I also heard other stories of Hwang Jang Lee in Vietnam, also that in Hong Kong in 1977 he was involved in a publicized challenge match with Cheng Ki-Ying, then a full-contact champ in HK. The bout never happened, as Cheng's wife was afraid Cheng would get hurt.

"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level."

I keep 'em waist level and below. Front, round, stomp, and maybe side kicks on unarmed opponents. Perhapse a jump front or step behind side (as previously described) if he's keeping a distance.

However, this would only be against a boxer or other type of "trained" fighter. Your average thug I would want to draw in because of my grappling techniques.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

They always say never do head kicks even if you are experienced and flexible. Chest and below seems to be the area. There are so much kicks, you should have trouble thinking about what one would be most effective!

Do unto others, as they done to you.