• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Big Question: Why Do You Do Martial Arts?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For many reasons.

1)its great fun

2)I have many friends there

3)it keeps me fit

4)I like what I get out of it

5)Martial arts are great to practise

6) I find them interesting.

I hope this can satisfy your needs to know why!

C Ya

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon

To tell u the truth i really don't know any other way. I've been doing them since i was 6 and it's like breathing, i don't think i could live without it. I enjoy it, but i simply can't remember a life before martial arts.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

People tend to shy away from the main reasons they attend or at least the main reason they first attended (other reasons migh crop up -- Like the social aspects -- later) for some reason. We all know that 95% of people joined because they wished to become better fighters. They either wanted to be able to defend themselves, be a more strong and confident person or just capitalise on their strength.

Oh well. The reason I train is because I need to know I'll have a chance in a fight, I really need that, and I don't have it yet.

~The things you own - they end up owning you.

I do it cause I love it and it is honestly the only thing I am really good at. I cant see myself not doing martial arts cause when Im not training Im thinking about it.and sometimes I would wake up late at night and just go outside and do kata or work with my weapons. I dont know, I guess its a addiction.

to meet new people to learn fun stuff!! :grin: it`s fun........ :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

i do martial arts because of the challenges it offers me and my life is better cuz of the arts.............i didnt have much of a life before training in the martial arts before the age of 13 so for me its just life

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

I practiced martial arts because I needed to defend myself, get fit, and get discipline. I now LIVE the martial arts because I believe in the philosophy's and the ways it has been taught. My friends think I am just plain weird, but not a long time ago, this was common place. The honour system and all the philosophy of good and bad. I live the best way I can, a lot of people are back stabbers and are weak. So, you now know why I joined and how I live.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

I have to say that I admire how candid you all have been in your answers - no pretense, just honesty. I continue my martial arts training for these reasons:

-discipline

-challenging

-fitness

-self-defense

-confidence

-I've made good friends

-I LOVE IT!!

-I want to set a good example for my daughter (5), who also trains, to show her that she should be the best that she can be!!

Lori

:grin:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-