• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Desk Jockey - Martial Artist

I must say, I find it very frustrating sitting at a desk 8+ hours a day. By the time I get to the dojo, I feel like a stiff board. It takes me quite a long time to loosen up. I've started stretching more at work now. Yes, the occassional odd look, but worth the pain of trying to split after 8 hours in the chair.

Anyone else in this "position"? What do you do to keep yourself limber during the work hours?

I find myself drinking quite a bit of water now. It helps reduce the stiffness of the day. :spitlaugh:

"No Excuses"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I'm still on maternity leave right now, but when I'm at work I tend to wander around a bit. I go and check my mail slot frequently, see what my team is up to (I'm the supervisor), which often prompts questions about what to do with a certain case, go to meetings, put some items in the classified waste, retrieve prints, go upstairs and get a bottle of water, etc. It allows me to get up from my desk and avoid eye strain and repetititive stress injuries, and gives me a change of pace.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

Simple Fix.

I sit at my desk 8 hrs a day. but the last 6 Months

This is what i will have been doing and advise to do.

Dymanic Stretching twice a day

I do them first thing in the Morning then again while at work in lunch time. They only take me 10 minutes each time.

This will make you supple and will help you when u go to training.

Just search on Dymanic Stretching and your Questions will be answered.

Learn and u shall Teach

Teach and you shall learn,

https://www.southpacifictkd.com.au

It's a nightmare isn't it. I'm sat at a desk 8 hours a day that's when i'm not sat in my car commuting. I'm slowly turning into a fat man. I do exercise my hands looking at Karateforums on the Net.

As well I like to jog my memory, jump to conclusions and skip the country! :D :roll: :D

On the good side, training gives me something to look forward to at the end of each day, love it!

Bretty

i sit in front of a computer all day too. while this never seems to affect my flexibility in class, i DO find that by the end of the day, i'm often so sluggish that it's hard to convince myself to go to class. anybody else know what i mean? of course, once i get to the dojang i'm immediately perked up and usually feel like i have 3 times as much energy by the end of class. but that time between lunch and 5:00 just KILLS me! all i want to do is go back home and get in bed!

It seems no matter what I try to do, my flouresent jailcell of an office sucks the life right outa me. I go to practice and yawn during warmups. Of course, at the end of practice I have all kinds of energy and have a hard time going to sleep, so the next morning I'm a tired and sore zombie. And people wonder why I hate the AM.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

I works from 6am till 3pm, when i get home i do my weights work out then straight onto my stretching this takes me 2 hrs. I dont have no problems feeling zombie or anything as im keep active while at work. as in my dynamic stretches.

Learn and u shall Teach

Teach and you shall learn,

https://www.southpacifictkd.com.au

I've already started taking stretching breaks twice a day while at the office. I've already noticed the difference in "feeling" more limber. I don't have that constant stiffness. Although I still experience the same thing ZR440 does. I'm tired to the point of needing a nap when I get to the dojo after work. I usually sit in my car and power nap for 15 min. before heading inside. It takes the edge off.

*Rei*

"No Excuses"