• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: lol ninjanurse!

The only six-packs I see on women are female fitness competitors. From what I understand, many of them don't go on steroids (could be wrong). However, they have almost zero body fat. Women are supposed to have a higher percentage of body fat than men. It's just necessary...

On a related note: if you exercise so much that you lose your period, can't that screw up your ability to have children in the future? :-?

Anyway, I also saw a female boxer who had the best 6-pack I've ever seen...male or female. :o

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

On a related note: if you exercise so much that you lose your period, can't that * up your ability to have children in the future? :-?

Yes monkeygirl, it can.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

If you have lost your period, I advise you to see your doctor. I lost mine last year because of anorexia and compulsive overexcercising and you may need to be placed on the pill to balance out your hormones....I have gained back almost all my lost weight and still do not get mine :(

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

to Boxerscott - men and women are NOT the same. It is kinda sad I had to point that out to you.

I have to say I am highly offended by your remark! :( :D

However, I am standing by my claim that women can get 6-packs just as easily as men. Does this mean that for men its easy to get a 6 pack? Well obviously not, anyone who actually took the inititive to research and read into the topic understands what a commitment it is to train to get ripped abs.

But backing that up, I ask you to go to any gym in America and actually take the time to talk to the female bodybuilders. Many, if not most, have a 6-pack, and they will tell you that they didn't have to have an eating disorder in order to get one. In fact, the are probably eating healthier than you!

Of course women won't have "buldging" 6-packs, but they can get visible ones nonetheless.

Here is a like to a site I suggest you visit:

Fatlosstips.com - Abs

Understanding is the key to achieving, its all about nutrition, not the lack of it.

We are supposed to be a little softer and store a little more body fat to get us through lean periods in case we are pregnant or nursing.

Thats not entirely true. Women gain the nessecary "weight" (and I use that word loosely) when they are in the phases of pregnancy in order to sustain the life inside them (essentailly feed two people, themselves and the baby). After pregnancy the excess "weight" can be worked off, but generally most mothers don't have the time to commit to it (newborns take up a lot of time).

Thats enough of a lecture for today...

:wink:

-Boxer Scott

• Boxing
  • Iwama Aikido

BoxerScott: Quote from your recommended site:

Once your bodyfat falls below 8% for men, or 14% for women, your abs will begin to show through.

A quote from the q&a section of gymamerica's site: http://myprimetime.genesant.com/gti/magazine/magazine_qa/0,3291,1_cid_598,00.html

A word of caution: For some women, 15 percent body fat is too low and will disrupt the menstrual cycle, causing an increased risk of osteoporosis.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

Karate_woman a quote from your site:

A word of caution: For some women, 15 percent body fat is too low and will disrupt the menstrual cycle, causing an increased risk of osteoporosis.

You must realize here again genetics comes into play, however, this only applys to some women. You generalize women as if every one is the exact same....

-Boxer Scott

• Boxing
  • Iwama Aikido

note that the quote says that at around 15%, most womens abs will BEGIN to show through. i'm at about 15% myself, and yes, i have some nice definition now. but i don't have a six pack. and on the advice of my doctor, i'm not going to go any lower with my body fat. men DO develop six packs more easily - they don't have the same restrictions on dropping body fat that women do.

and boxerscott - you're the one who has a tendency to generalize. you said earlier that it's just as easy for women to develop six packs as men. it's not. YES some women can get them without a lot of trouble. but they're not very common. so that's a pretty strong statement to have made, and then accuse another poster of generalization. weren't you generalizing women as if everyone were the exact same? :wink: