1 Finger Push-Ups?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can do about 85 straight pushups(trying to work up to 200) and a few one handed pushups. I can do them on just my thumbs, but 1 finger is WAY beyond reach for me.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

hey how do you balance for one arm push ups?

does anyone else find knuckle pushups take alot more strength than normal pushups? for every 3 normal pushups I do I can only do 1 knuckle

I have really flexible fingers so fingertip pushups are difficult because my fingers just bend back - they're like rubber sometimes (a friend who does aikido tried to do some aikido technique on me and I was just staring at him going yeah and?)

Probably the easiest way is to spread your legs out really wide. Another way to practice for it is to do regular pushups and put almost all of your weight on one hand.

I can barely do one one handed pushup right now. :)

I've always done lots and lots of pushups (go to a military college). I haven't trained consistently in this area, but the best i can do is pushups with one finger and one thumb on each hand. I also do them with my legs together, however, not with them spread apart. Its a matter of buildup. While Bruce Lee did do one finger pushups, his form wasn't really all that great. Of course, I can't do one finger pushups even with bad form...

But its a matter of building up to it. I've never actually counted how many I could do without collapsing utterly, but in a two minute period (without arching or resting my back and getting out of proper pushup form or spreading the legs apart, etc.), the most I've ever done is 131 during a military fitness test.

I can also do about 16 pullups with only two fingers on each hand (thats the hard pullup with your palms facing away from your body). The most pullups I've done at once was 29.

Exercise is fun, isn't it?

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

are you just here to show off or are you gonna contribute :dodgy:

Whoa, easy there, tiger...I only posted along the same lines as everyone else has in this topic (read the other page). And I did say that it my opinion, its a matter of building up slowly, since you can't jump into it right away.

I remember those days when I experienced true difficulty in benchpressing a tuna fish sandwich...

*remembers to yesterday*

Oops! I just typed that, didn't I? :lol:

But anyway, on a more serious note, If you really want to do these 1 finger pushups, make sure you stretch those fingers. Its kinda lame, but you don't want to hurt yourself...I've done it before.

As for the balance part, which I didn't answer in my other post, it is probably best, as Synaesthesia said, to practice with one handers. One hand balance is best achieved by building enough strength. It sounds like a stupid simple answer, but balance is not only mental, but also working to build up the "stabilizer muscles" for any particular posture, which in this case is the pushup.

With this and your the other endeavors, good luck!

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/