• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1 Finger Push-Ups?

Does any one know of any information of the process of learning how to do 1 finger push ups? Since the first time I've seen Bruce Lee do this I've always wondered how he managed to do it. I'd like to someday be able to do it (:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these fingerpad or fingertip pushups?

Sometimes when we're doing our conditioning we'll do 5 5 fingerpad pushups, then 4 4 fingerpad etc. until we get to 1 1 fingerpad pushup. No real trick to it, but I think doing the 5, 4, 3 etc. helps gradually build up the required muscles as opposed to just jumping right into it.

Aamorn - KSW Chuhng Di

Why?

Do you have a specific training objective this exercise will help you meet? Or do you just think it's cool?

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

You cannot go straight into a 1 finger tip push up. You have to build up. I can do it with 3 at the moment. First you have to start off with all the fingers and thumbs and then build up. Say 30 pushups with all fingers and thumbs. The increase the resistance by taking a finger off and then repeat the process until you have it on one finger. You can also do finger tip handstand pushups.

I know this will sound far-fetched. My first night in karate we did pushups -started with five finger tips went down to just thumbs. Another student and myself were the only ones who could do thumbs only, everyone else stoped at three finger tips. I never tried this before but I do one-arm pushups occasionally and can do 50 straight. Maybe it is natural.

I can do two-fingerpad pushups.... but I almost broke my finger when I tried 1-finger :o

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.