• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't feel like conditionng anymore.

BKJ1216

Cut down drastically on soda and start drinking more water. Aim for 2 litres a day.

It annoys me when people say they don't drink water because of the "taste". Water was put there long before any soda and juice came out, meant for us to drink and live by. It doesn't taste of anything - so how can there be a taste to dislike? If you are after a taste from your water, your system is probably still riddled with cravings for sugary foods and drinks - wean yourself off of these and start drinking the natural goodness of this world.

Peace.

Well first off water wasn't put there for us to drink, it was there an our bodies adapted over millions of years of evolution. Secondly it's not the water itself but more along the lines of what it comes out of. There is always a plasticy taste or a metally taste. And I really don't drink much soda. Maybe 1 can a day.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a Brita...those things are wonderful for getting rid of the metal taste. :)

Wolverine

1st Dan - Kalkinodo

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip"

"There is no spoon."

training at home is hard for a lot of ppl, its hard to motivate and push yourself to your max.. if thats the problem then fine, wait till you actually start m.a. training and workout mainly at the dojo with short workouts at home, just remember, whether your working out at home or at the dojo the pain is still going to be there, the crunches are still going to hurt and your body is still going to get tired, thats what it's all about, if you want to learn it you have to earn it. it's not easy, its not always fun and to get to the good stuff you have to go through a lot of stuff you may not like or find "fun". you have to learn to suck up the pain and drive on. set a goal and be determined to reach it no matter what .

If nothing else squeeze some lemon in the water to give it a little taste.

And a lot of those juices have just as much sugar added as soda pop. Same goes for the sport drinks.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

I love the taste of water. I don't like soda at all. Í've gone six months at a time without even tasting soda. Water and juice for me.

Whether water was placed here for us to drink or weevolved to it depends on how you believe the world came to be.

Agreed with ZR440, sports drinks have a high sugar content, read the labels under carbohydrates, most juices are sweetened for taste.

About getting rid of that "vomitous" feeling from doing crunches try either changing the time of day you work out and what you eat before wqrking out. Sometimes doing crunches after eating a certain type of food causes that queezy feeling.

Hope that helps. Be sure to drink lots of water, too.

MA

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

If I can push my self to teh point where I am about to puke in a work out I call it a successful workout.

I view it as pushing your limits, challenging yourself. I workout for fitness and when I push so hard i feel sick then i hit my limit - take a few deep breathes - suck it up and keep going - if you puke so what! wipe your mouth and try and go a little further. Of course everyone in my family (except my dad) thinks I am nuts. But hey if it were asy everyone wold do it.

And check your facts - we did not adapt to water - water is a necessity to life - everything needs water - our bodies are have a very high water content. Water was around looooong before we were here and it will be here looong after we are gone...

There is no drink on the market that can replace water.

Again - this is a test of your mettle BK - you made thread similar to this about soreness - you gotta ask "what am I made of? am i quitter? or will i get past this?" Which is it?

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it." - Captain Richard Marcinko, USN, Ret.

"Do more than what is required of you." - General George S. Patton

"If you have to step on someone else to stand tall, then you truely are a small person." - ?

I don't think you're going to make it past the first week in your new dojo if you don't reconsider the hydration issue. Even now that my body is in good shape and my endurance is decent, I make a habit of keeping a glass of water on my desk and fill it up regularly throughout the day. If I don't do this, my performance in practice suffers. If I didn't do it back when I first started, I'd spend a good portion of practice sitting in the corner waiting for the nausea and dizziness to go away. (Not to say that never happened if I did drink enough water, but if I didn't drink enough it was a sure thing!)

It would be very wise to use the last week before your training starts to get your body thoroughly hydrated, and now would be a good time to figure out how to get past your water hang-up. You're going to have plenty of challenges to overcome when you start training, with the amount of time you're spending planning for it there's no excuse for dehydration being one of them!

to add two more cents.

I drink b/t 2 and 3 liters of water a day at work, drink a few pints of water while i exercise and keep a glass by my bed at night.

Water is also beenficial because it is a natural cleasner for your system....

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it." - Captain Richard Marcinko, USN, Ret.

"Do more than what is required of you." - General George S. Patton

"If you have to step on someone else to stand tall, then you truely are a small person." - ?

i agree hydration could be an issue here, but what about eating?

i've noticed if i eat too much before class, cruches definitely make me want to throw up! try avoiding large meals before you work out - just have a light snack for energy. I prefer a piece of fruit or a granola bar or something like that, but anything you like that doesn't make you sick will probably do the trick.

also, are you doing them too fast? try slowing down and really working your abs with each crunch. you might not jostle your innards around so much. :)