• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jumping

KickChick

Here it is! My worse nightmare "JUMPING" and staying there to throw a double /triple kick in air. My excuse..."White Mothers Can't Jump"... :lol:

...but seriously....I do great on a trampoline. What do I work on...My spins are fine the height just isn't there!!!! HELP!!!

...maybe putting springs on the bottom of my bare feet would help...think anyone would notice??? :wink:

Deby

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

[ This Message was edited by: Patrick on 2002-08-02 16:14 ]

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

I used to have trouble with jumping. Here are the drills that helped me.

tuck jumps-stand in place, jump, and tuck your legs. get them as close to your chest as

possible. repeat about 25 times

squat jumps-dont squat all the way down (its hard on the knees), but just squat a little,

then jump up as high as u can.

repeat about 25 times

deep stance squat jumps-do #2, but in a riding stance. (like your riding a horse). repeat

25 times

squat jumps with one leg back-put your right leg back then squat and jump like in #2.

then swich feet. repeat 25 times

alternating foot squat jumps-do #4 but alternate feet.

wushu jump-wushu kicks are great for improving vertical leap. this is a warm up they

use. take a few steps then jump off

your right foot as high as u can. at the peak of your jump kick your left foot down.

repeat with the opposite foot.

calf raises-stand on the edge of something or on the floor, then push up so your on

your toes. very common exercise.

split kicks-if u get bored with the above exercises then do split kicks. they add some

fun and they are effective. do them

in place for more of a workout

siccisor kicks-another fun aternative. developes jumping power of one leg at a time

rather than both.

acrobatics-just ding basic acrobatics is good for developing height. do back tucks and

front tucks enough and your

height will increase. be careful though.

with all of the above drills, u should do 25 of each to start with, then work your way up.

never just bounce. each jump should

be as high as possible. if u do these your vertical leap should be enough to make u fly.

Hope that helped!

Thanks Blade for the tips...I will check them out!

BlueDragon...I need to work on jump kicks basically for form and breaking and not much really for fighting...although if quick enough...jump kick would be effective for sure! :bawling:

Ken, I see you had some tips, however, had posting probs a couple days ago. ??????

Could you maybe remember what it was you posted and repost for me?...you do seem to have some great advice and I would appreciate it! :smile:

Question: Can anyone be a better jumper...or is it a matter of either you can or can't. See I think no matter what I do...I'll never be able to jump....I'm just not good acrobatically...now dancing - that's another thing! :brow:

Deby

You can jump higher if you want. It just takes training, like anything else. You want to do plyometric exercises, this will raise the "power" of your muscles. Best thing to do is to look up "plyometric" on the internet or find a book about it at a store.

Here are a couple of exercises.. squat-jumps

standing broad jumps, jumping on and off of an elevated platform. Check it out, you'll find that with training and determination, you'll be able to get the hang-time you need to do the fancy stuff.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

sometime it's just simple coordination

some people have a hard time with the mechanics of jumping.

try this simple exercise.

lift one knee up

jump off the floor with the foot on the floor

and land on the other foot..

remember to use your arms

for balance and coordination

:idea:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

• 3 months later...

make sure you land on 2 feet and take off with two feet and try to avoid falling it might hurt were you fall (don`t jump over things you have 50% chance making it :grin:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"