• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Drinking alcohol

I think if I could go back and change anything about my health decisions from the past, the first thing would be to drink a lot less alcohol. Not only is it bad for your health to consume large amounts, but it gets expensive, especially if you are ordering it in bars or nightclubs.

Several possible long-term health effects of prolonged excessive drinking are liver damage, stroke, high blood pressure, stomach cancer, and higher risk for diabetes.

In the short term - the hangover is enough for me to quit. The older I get the longer it takes to recover. Any enjoyment I get from drinking tonight will become regret when I am hung over tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they could invent something that promised losing weight, better sleep, longer life, improved mood, reduced anxiety and depression, even keep you out of jail, they'd make a fortune.

Or you could just quit drinking.

I used to take breaks, like dry-uary, but for too long alochol was a habit that flirted with too much. Hangovers, etc. got to be too much, and I quit once and for all a year and a half ago.

It has been over a month now and I can say honestly that not once have I had even the slightest urge to drink.

Glad to hear thats going well :)

It has been over a month now and I can say honestly that not once have I had even the slightest urge to drink.

Glad to hear thats going well :)

That's great news!

• 3 weeks later...

Two months to the day now and not a drop. Not interested in it. Happy to tell people I don't drink. I was hanging out with some friends this weekend and one was drunk and not feeling well. I was thinking "yep, been there enough times and never going back."

I will never drink alcohol again. Unless it is NyQuil, but we all know that doesn't count. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...