• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fun Warm Ups

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My kids really love doing sparring drills. All I need to do is put on some focus mitts and they go nuts. They love warming up that way. I've seen some others that look fun. Once I saw a dojo play dodgeball to warm-up and get the energy up in the room.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Dodge Ball with both the kids and adult classes...done with tennis balls with me as the thrower. All wear goggles during this activity.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

When we trained in the school gymnasium, we would sometimes run Samurai vs. Ninjas for the Kids. I was the samurai and would start in Seiza Dachi with a bokken in my belt. The kids would team up, 2 to 3 to a group, the object of the group was to sprint to the other end of the gym, touch a spot on the wall and sprint back without getting captured by the samurai. They were captured if I tapped them with the bokken. The team would go one team at a time. After all the teams went, the Samurai would win if I captured more ninjas than those that escaped and the ninjas won if they had more escape. The kids loved it and we usually did this for 3 or more iterations.

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)