• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

10,000 steps

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't. I know lots of devices, like Apple Watches and the old FitBits do that stuff for a lot of people. I've personally never been interested in making sure I hit a step count every day.

I do track my steps using a Samsung Watch. I try to get to 10,000 everyday (or an average of 10,000 per day over a week's period).

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)

Rather than steps i prefer to use the distance travelled metric instead - everyones stride length is different so i think that distance is more useful for me.

I shoot for an average of about 5k per day (so a little over 3 miles) which can be managed with not much extra effort just from walking to shops rather than taking the car etc.

My Fitbits band recently broke, but I do like to track Steps and Distance.

The main issue with most of these trackers is that you can't specify your stride length.

Not all steps are created equal. Walking 1000 steps up the hill counts the same as walking 1000 steps down it, according to the stat sheet.

I track my daily steps as a result of my Galaxy Watch. I don't, however, worry too much about it as I get my cardio in different ways. My job has a program that will reward you with points that you can spend on items for working out. In that, I can convert my other workouts, like karate, into steps. It says that an hour of karate is equivalent to roughly 11,000 steps. I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

• 2 weeks later...