• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kobra Kai, Season 5: Fire VS Gasoline (SPOILERS)

I thought that the N E W season did NOT start until early 2023

:o

No, it's out on Netflix now. I've got the first two episodes down, and so far, so good. Chozen is a lot of fun so far.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that the N E W season did NOT start until early 2023

:o

No, it's out on Netflix now. I've got the first two episodes down, and so far, so good. Chozen is a lot of fun so far.

Sounds good to me. Thank you. Brian!!

My son, Nathan, tells me today that he has already watched the entire new season. Better late than never.

:lol:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Five episodes in. Did my share of eye-rolling, as at times the "rivalry" is feeling forced. But, overall enjoying it, and the season has hit an interesting point now.

• 3 weeks later...

I've finished it. Another great, entertaining season. Finally, the adults cause more trouble than the kids.

I don't understand why they got in that limo, lol. But they certainly managed to sober up fast.

I just finished season 5 as well. I really enjoyed the character arcs, especially for Johnny and Chozen. Daniel had more than his share of cringe-worthy moments, especially the reintroduction with Mike Barnes.

Honestly if they chose not to make a Season 6, this would be a pretty good place to end the show. There are only a couple of loose threads, and the final showdown at the end of the last episode had a real sense of finality to it.

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

This is interesting, but I do think it could be a boon to the series.

Daniel had more than his share of cringe-worthy moments, especially the reintroduction with Mike Barnes.

I thought the same thing. I would like to think we're dealing with reasonable adults here, but apparently that just won't do for this series. I've gotten to the point where I just accept it, and be entertained.

Agreed on this potentially being a fitting end.

I think Silver could have been ended in the first episode or two, if only anyone had thought to record the words coming out of his mouth. :lol: