• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sparring with confident women

Bulltahr

So I took last nights general class, 2 hours with the last 1/2 hr sparring, so a good work out. It was amazing to see how far a couple of the girls have come, from throwing those little rabbit punches when they started to literally "packing a solid punch" now and throw kicking combos. Very pleased to see this sort of progress! Sweeps and Tobi geris are on the agenda for the coming weeks..............

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That's how it should be; confident women!! I spar the MAist in front of me, and not the man/woman. No favors, because that shortchanges the student(s) live training...I'm easy to all of my students, to a degree, but I will turn up the burners for reactions; can bring out the necessary confidence. Turn over enough rocks, that which one's seeking is revealed whether it's liked or not.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

That's great to hear Bulltahr. Though it does happen with guys also, women do tend to be a bit gentle sometimes when learning to spar.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• 4 weeks later...

Ive trained with remarkable female Karatekas (especially in Shotokan) I respect and never underestimate them. I would truly feel bad if anybodys chin had to absorb the punches my female friends pack. They are certainly dangerous if they have good technique and precision. Ive shed blood sparring women in class lol

Like school children, I one time told my female classmate who is a black belt to give me a solid punch to the arm and chest... boy was I astonished how much shock/PAIN her punch delivered and just imagined that punch connecting on someones jaw, as I gaurentee it would have been broken from that single shot...

Edited by Shojiko

Glad to see the ladies kicking butt!

I am working on that atm at my dojo, and encouraging them not to hold back.

Whenever I have female that is confident and able to give me a run for my money. I would be proud and give them a fist bump.