• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Competition during Covid?

We've had several discussions about if, when, and how classes are being conducted during the Covid-19 pandemic. But has anyone been to an MA competition of any kind since this all started? I know the UFC has figured out a way to make it work, and so has some Boxing organizations. But they have the money and logistics to do it. What about anything going on locally?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've not seen and/or heard about any tournaments operating since the pandemic started. Many tournament in Texas have opted to cancel their tournaments during this pandemic.

I can't blame them at all.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

No, I agree. My oldest son has started Wrestling practice at high school, but it sounds as though there is a chance the state could postpone our winter sports season. Crossing my fingers they don't....but it doesn't look good.

No, I agree. My oldest son has started Wrestling practice at high school, but it sounds as though there is a chance the state could postpone our winter sports season. Crossing my fingers they don't....but it doesn't look good.

Yeah, that's not good at all, that the state might cancel their winter season. Pandemic isn't looking too good either everywhere

:-?

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Our CI is planning his annual dojo tournament for December'ish. Each division shows up at a specified time, kata only. I think he also plans on doing an online-only tournament for his online-only students. His instructors will do the judging.

As far as the local/regional tournaments, as far as I know they've all been cancelled for the year.

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

Not in person but ITF TKD has been hosting regional patterns tournaments. Film your pattern and submit then on broadcast day the judges watch two competitors in "real time". Little bit artificial as you can keep refilming until you get the perfect one but at least its something.

As for sparring for us, no chance. We can't even do sparring or pad work in class.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Not in person but ITF TKD has been hosting regional patterns tournaments. Film your pattern and submit then on broadcast day the judges watch two competitors in "real time". Little bit artificial as you can keep refilming until you get the perfect one but at least its something.

As for sparring for us, no chance. We can't even do sparring or pad work in class.

That is an interesting setup; no reason not to utilize the technology. This pandemic may change the way a lot of things are done in the future.

That is an interesting setup; no reason not to utilize the technology. This pandemic may change the way a lot of things are done in the future.

They're all still up on YouTube if you search for ITF Corona Challenge you can see the format.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius