• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

100 Man Kumite

Bulltahr

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The 100 Man Kumite will test one's mettle, that's for sure!! Oftentimes, the 50 Man Kumite is tested first before one sojourns to the world of the 100 Man Kumite. I've witnessed the 25 Man Kumite, as well as the 50 and 100 Man Kumite's, and I got to tell you, if the 25 Man Kumite is any indication of what one's going to face, the 50 and 100 Man Kumite will make oneself question their own sanity. I personally would love to endure any of them myself!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 3 weeks later...

IMO One should be looking at them in no different light than say, someone who runs a 5K, then a 10K and finally a 25K. Impressive .. physical.. mental.. But I'd slow my roll when thinking of them in some "super tough guy endeavor"

There are no headshots I.e. Uchi or Zukis Waza in Jodan, only Geri Waza is allowed. I find that kind of Kumite suspect. (for obvious reasons) 30yrs of MA & Karate, I think putting on the wimp guy pads on and going all-in with Jodan, Chudan and Gedan on the books are much more institutional. I don't know what the rules are to 20. 50 or a 100 man Kumite challenge but it obviously there is a time limit the opponent can stay in. Nor have I ever seen the opponent attempting to really hammer the person doing the Kumite challenge. (Thus making it a quasi full contact Running man's game of tag)

There is no block in Karate

This is a pretty good insight into the preparation required.

There is a timed round per fighter, but if they are successfully swept then they are out.

This one seems more brutal than the Spanish one...

Shihan Judd Reid, a well known Aussie karateka.

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford