• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cobra Kai YouTube Red Series (SPOILERS)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
And I really like the shout out to the “Daniel was the real bully” YouTube video when Johnny was telling Miguel about his quarrels with Daniel :)

I do too.

I can't wait for season 2.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

And I really like the shout out to the “Daniel was the real bully” YouTube video when Johnny was telling Miguel about his quarrels with Daniel :)

I do too.

I can't wait for season 2.

I’m looking forward to season 2. I think (and hope) it’ll be about Johnny and Kreese. Hoping for a Johnny vs Kreese fight. I’ve read that the guy Daniel fought in 3 was signed as a character for season 2. I didn’t see anything official; the reporters said it came from the actor and not from any studio sources.

I really hated 3. I don’t think I’ve actually been able to watch the entire movie all the way through, although I have seen the entire movie in bits and pieces. It’s just bad IMO. Actually, I think I watched the whole thing the first time I saw it. It was like watching a sinking ship.

If the guy he fought is in season 2, it could be a pretty interesting storyline if done right - Kreese brings him in and there’s a ton of tension between the three of them.

Maybe we should start a season 2 predictions/what we’d like to see thread after this one’s run a bit?

I hope we don't get Barnes back. I think it would be to much rehashing the past. I think the story needs to develop on its own from this point with a new challenger/bad guy. We have a lot of nostalgia already packed into the series, it needs to break new ground. The "redemption" of Johnny by confronting Kreese and changing Cobra Kai while still keeping it hardcore. He needs to keep the dojo from going the way of the old Cobra Kai. He can still provide hard core training, but maybe not using the junkyard dogs. We already started seeing Johnny turning around, he wrote off his step father, realized Miguel is starting down the path he was on, and is not drinking as much. His business will do well income wise.

Daniel is starting his dojo, presumably with his Daughter and Robby as the core. We might see Miguel's father. They did a quick mention of him.

I did like in the beginning when he rescued Miguel that the first kick he did hurt him a bit, like his muscles were not used to kicking so high.

Now that the secrets are out, Samantha's hit and run as a passenger, Robby's paternity and Daniel's acceptance of it, and the return of Kreese (who was supposed to be dead) I think season 2 can really move the story along. They should keep the rivalry between Miyagi-do and Cobra Kai.

The actor who played Silver is retired, and not interested in acting from what I understand.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

• 6 months later...

A season release date should be announced soon, last year it aired in March so, assuming a similar start date for 2019.

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

• 2 weeks later...

I watched season 1, and I enjoyed it. It was fun seeing more of things from Johnny's point of view, and also seeing the juxtaposition of things between Daniel and Johnny now.

What I didn't like is how everyone showed up with black belts in time for the tournament. But, I'll live with it.

• 3 months later...

I really enjoyed the first seaon, and in one of the clips for Season 2, I really enjoyed how Johnny is now telling the Cobras how they were going to start fighting fair and square. I'm wondering what transpires with Johnny for him to make this change.

I also am very curious to see how Kreese showing back up in the show is going to play out. I really like how Johnny has become a much more complex character than he was in the movie without having to retcon anything from the movie. The whole Johnny before the movie backstory gives his character a lot of depth I thought.

Only 3 more weeks for Season 2. Of course, I'm also binging GoT right now in order to get ready for THAT!

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

I really enjoyed the first seaon, and in one of the clips for Season 2, I really enjoyed how Johnny is now telling the Cobras how they were going to start fighting fair and square. I'm wondering what transpires with Johnny for him to make this change.

Towards the end of season 1, at the tournament, when Johnny's student faced off to fight his son, and his son's arm was injured, it echoed back to the whole "sweep the leg" thing. Johnny tried to tell him to basically not go after his arm, but his own student didn't listen, ending up like Johnny was in the original movie.

• 1 month later...