• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Diet experiment

Kyonovice

So, here in the UK it's "Sober for October" so I am going to try a little experiment with my diet and weight management....

My only vice now it alcohol (wine and gin - mmmmm gin). So I am going to weigh myself tonight and log my weight, I am then going to go this month without alcohol (and while I am at it, I am going to seriously reduce the amount of dairy I take on - gone is white coffe, "normal" tea and in come black coffee in the morning and green tea, I don't eat much yoghurt or cheese anyway).

I will then log my weight at the end of the month and see what a difference this has made.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I greatly reduced my carb intake. If what you mentioned in the original post have been part of your regular diet, you might want to consider having a couple cheat-days during the month. Have a couple beers on a Friday or Saturday night. Maybe weekend coffee can have cream?

If you flat-out remove all that from your regular diet, you'll likely break down and binge.

Just my two-cents! ;-)

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

I greatly reduced my carb intake. If what you mentioned in the original post have been part of your regular diet, you might want to consider having a couple cheat-days during the month. Have a couple beers on a Friday or Saturday night. Maybe weekend coffee can have cream?

If you flat-out remove all that from your regular diet, you'll likely break down and binge.

Just my two-cents! ;-)

Thanks, I shall see how it goes, I am so adamant that I want to try this, just for the month to see how it goes, 1st weigh in is 75.6kg and I dread to think how much % body fat (I reckon at least 20 %)

Quick update...just weighed myself and after 3 days i have dropped to 74.3kg (or 11st 7lb)...and ive nkt craved dairy or alcohol
Having a better awareness of foods consumed is always worthwhile; taking it to the next level to improve upon, that could become a positive way of promoting a healthy lifestyle.

HAPPY DIETING Kyonovice :bowofrespect:

weighed in this morning and I am down to 74.1kg so going well so far....my aim is to get to a point where I am down to about 70kg (11 stone), and ideally lose the slight bear belly I had acquired so that I am mainly lean muscle

That's been my plan too, for the last 15 years.......

I'm sure you'll do better than I did!

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford