• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yo

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. My journey through the Martial Arts has been sporadic until the past couple years. I took a self defense course at a local community college when I was about 20 years old. About a decade later, I took an aikido class while in grad school (yeah, I was studying for quite some time!) During the aikido class, I started exploring kendo and iaido, but then life happened, and it all stopped. I got a job in Michigan's Upper Peninsula a few years back, and felt like I should try to get back into the martial arts. That's when I stumbled upon The Wisdom Way Academy, in Gladstone. We do Jidokwan Taekwondo and Hapkido. It's been nearly 2 years since I've started (with some breaks, due to injury and life.) While up here, I also tried dabbling in iaido again, but the class was only once per week, and the instruction didn't work for me.

Hopefully my body will allow me to earn a black belt in the TKD/Hapkido. I'd love to teach the art some day!

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to the forum!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Welcome to the forum.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

Welcome aboard! Dabbling in iaido has always been a goal for me that I just can't seem to make happen. Look forward to hearing viewpoints from your background.