• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

10 Years on Staff for DWx!

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

May 16 marked 10 years that DWx (Danielle) has been a member of our staff here at KarateForums.com. I wanted to allow the community to have some time with ninjanurse's exit from the team before celebrating Danielle's milestone, so that each would hopefully receive the attention it deserves. I hope that you will join me in congratulating Danielle on this impressive mark. :)

On KarateForums.com, you are primarily judged by what you contribute to the community. We generally don't know what you look like, where you're from, how old you are or anything like that, unless you self-disclose to us and then, at that point, we are going by your word. For this reason, in online communities like this, teenagers and young adults have the opportunity to become some of the most valued members. Whereas, if we were all in a room together, their opinion or knowledge might be disregarded or assumed to be of lesser value, simply because they looked younger. Over the years, we have had amazing contributions from all age groups, from teenagers to senior citizens. We've had all ages on our staff, as well.

When Danielle joined our community, she was a teenager, around the same age as me when I started this community 16 years ago. But from the beginning, it was clear that she was special. She joined on January 17, 2007, became the Member of the Month for April and was invited to the staff in May. We have threads here where people say that teenagers shouldn't be this, that and the third. They shouldn't hold this rank, they aren't mature enough for this. In the midst of discussions like these, Danielle has always set a high standard for all members of this community, regardless of age, to follow.

Then and now, I think of her as an outstanding example for all of us. Someone who not only brings knowledge to the table and freely shares it, but also pursues knowledge from other members and is always respectful. The consistent thought and consideration that goes into her posts is incredible and something that has no doubt helped (at least) tens of thousands of people through her posts here alone.

On staff, Danielle has this amazing level of attention-to-detail that she brings to the table, where she notices the small things and makes sure they are accounted for. That's incredibly important to me, as we strive to make sure that, when it comes to moderation and member content, we don't just get it sort of right or right most of the time but, in the end, as correct as possible, all the time. I feel incredible gratitude to have someone of Danielle's quality and character on our team.

In honor of Danielle's milestone, as with the two staff members who reached this mark before her (ninjanurse and bushido_man96), we sent Danielle a physical award as a token of our appreciation for her contributions here. Here's what it looks like:

http://www.karateforums.com/img/photos/dwx-award-10-years-on-staff.jpg

Danielle, thank you for being such an important part of our community. Thank you for the outstanding contributions that you have made, both as a member and a staff member, and for the careful approach that you have taken with the responsibilities that you have had as a moderator. I am grateful for your friendship and support over the years.

Sincerely,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thank you for all the work you put in here on the forums, Danielle!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Congrats on a great milestone, and even more so the valuable insight and experience you bring to this community! Thank you for all that you do.

Congrats, Danielle, on reaching that amazing milestone, through and through!! I've always respected you across the board!! You still mentor so many here, past and present, including me, and your knowledge across the board is invaluable!!

Thank you for all that you've done, are doing, and will be doing here at KF!!

It's a beautiful award, one that you rightly deserve, as did Heidi and Brain!! Thank you three for everything you've all done here!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thank you for the kind words all :blush:

You're all great :D

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius