• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Everyone's Occupations

neoravencroft

So, just as a way to break the ice, I figure I can start a thread about what people do for a living. I'll start first.

I am a custodian for a small manufacturing company that makes battery valves for lead based batteries and also create the oxygen pump for live wells in small fishing boats.

"When I have listened to my mistakes, I have grown." ~Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a full-time student studying accounting and finance.

I also work full-time as a Security Officer at a hospital. I also am a MOAB (Management of Aggressive Behavior) instructor at the same hospital. MOAB is a popular use of force program hospitals and schools use to CYA. I know the limitations of the program, but still work within it to better help my students.

My students are required to be there, to cover the hospital from a lawsuit.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

Good idea, neoravencroft. :)

Online community is the focus of my work. I am an online publisher and manage communities (like this one). Drawing from my experience, I write books, speak for companies, conferences and universities and do some consulting, occasionally.

Patrick

I'm a children's librarian.

It's a small library, so I'm in charge of everything for infants-young adults. I plan, advertise and run programs; manage our youth materials collection (ordering, weeding, re-organizing, etc); hire, train, and manage our high school employees; do outreach to local schools and daycares; and probably a few other things I'm forgetting.

Hey Devin,

I'm a children's librarian.

That's cool! :) Are you familiar with Jessamyn West? She's an acquaintance of mine and pretty well known in librarian circles (she's based in Vermont). http://www.librarian.net/

Patrick

I am a pharmacist working in a community pharmacy. I am also Certified Geriatric Pharmacist & Compounding Pharmacist.

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

I teach grades 3-8 Science, and grades Pre-K 3-Kindergarten physical education at a catholic school. This is my 4th year.

Prior to that, I was an athletic trainer at a few NCAA Division 1 schools for about 18 years. I mainly did basketball and soccer, but did some football and hockey too. I loved doing that, but the Division 1 basketball traveling schedule was really made me get out. Not enough time to raise my kids.

I still work as an athletic trainer at a local high school off and on after school.