• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Budoshinkai Karate Jitsu

Safroot

Hey Guys,

Has anyone heard about Budoshinkai Karate Jitsu or it's founder Hanshi George Adams before ?!

Just came across it today & couldn't find any info about it except on their school's website.

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, I don't know him personally, but he has come up in my browsing before. He has an awful lot of ranks that can't be verified, and some of them are in styles that don't generally do belt ranks that way, but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't legitimate. In checking his website again, I see he still has those listed, although he's apparently been promoted to BJJ black belt since I last saw it. If I remember correctly, he is associated with a number of known, legitimate martial arts instructors, so I would say that he is at least knowledgeable and skilled enough to be teaching. For the karate side of thing, I believe it's largely based on Suikendo, which is Yamashita Tadashi Sensei's personal approach to the Shorin-Ryu he learned in the Shorinkan (my organization) from Nakazato Shugoro Sensei (the founder of the organization). If you haven't seen it, it looks something like Shorin-Ryu mixed with American Kenpo.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Well, I don't know him personally, but he has come up in my browsing before. He has an awful lot of ranks that can't be verified, and some of them are in styles that don't generally do belt ranks that way, but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't legitimate. In checking his website again, I see he still has those listed, although he's apparently been promoted to BJJ black belt since I last saw it. If I remember correctly, he is associated with a number of known, legitimate martial arts instructors, so I would say that he is at least knowledgeable and skilled enough to be teaching. For the karate side of thing, I believe it's largely based on Suikendo, which is Yamashita Tadashi Sensei's personal approach to the Shorin-Ryu he learned in the Shorinkan (my organization) from Nakazato Shugoro Sensei (the founder of the organization). If you haven't seen it, it looks something like Shorin-Ryu mixed with American Kenpo.

Thanks Wastelander. I guess he might be only popular in NSW Australia !

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Yes...this, right here!! I wholeheartedly concur with Wastelander...solid post!! I've ran across his name from time to time, but I've no personal knowledge about the art he founded and/or about himself!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!