• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin Karateka in Denver

tytybushi

Hello, fellow karateka!

My name is Tyler Smith, I have recently relocated to Denver, CO from Albuquerque, NM. I have been training in Kyokushin Karate since 2008, before that was Muay Thai. My original KK teacher is Shihan Yoshifumi Ito in Portland, OR.

I was able to establish a Kyokushin club at the University of New Mexico, and I would love to create a club/nonprofit dojo here in the Denver area. For the time being I have been training with the Enshin Karate school, where there is amazing instruction from very talented teachers. However, teaching and training Kyokushin is in my blood and I would welcome anyone who is located in the Denver area to reach out to me if you are interested in starting a Kyokushin community here in the Rocky Mountains!

I have also tried to contact the Kyokushin dojos located in Colorado Springs and Fort Collins to begin building relationships there. Hopefully I will make some contacts and get something going!

Osu to all,

Tyler

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was going to suggest Enshin in Denver until I read that you were training there.

Kancho Joko Ninomiya is a legend. I've seen a ton of his stuff and read a few of his books. Just my way of saying I'm jealous.