• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi All from Northern New Jersey

Hello,

My name is David and when I was younger I was a green belt in Isshin-ryu Karate. The dojo was in West New York, NJ and when I moved to Miami I couldn't find a dojo to continue my studies. My sensei at the time even wrote to some dojos in the area but they were all closed downed and since then I have yearned to continue studying Karate.

I'm 39 now and the yearn is still there. I haven't forgotten much and I really loved that it was a lifestyle not just something you did a couple times a week.

My goal is to find a dojo where an old chap like me can feel comfortable.

I'm overweight and out of shape (though surprisingly athletic for a big guy and I stay active). I'd like to either find an Isshinryu dojo or something similar like Shorin Ryu. Also looking for something I can afford.

Does anyone live in Northern NewJersey can recommend something for me?

Thanks,

David

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome, David. A Google search of Isshin Ryu NJ turned up quite a few places. I'm not too good with NJ locations, so I have no idea what's accessible to you (even though I lived in Westchester county, NY for 8 years).

Also, have you considered another style of karate or MA altogether?

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy it here! :karate: Take a look at the suggestions on Google, and see what schools are lying around. Visit each, and talk with the instructors if you can. I'm sure you'll find something that suits your needs.

• 2 weeks later...