• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Techniques of the Bubishi

Wastelander

Hello, everyone!

We are thrilled to share this video, which is a special presentation of our intrepretations of techniques found in the Bubishi--the "Bible of Karate"--as well as connections to kata movements and comparisons with a variety of other martial arts. We are also honored to have an introduction from Patrick McCarthy, Hanshi, Kudan, who wrote the English version of the Bubishi that most karateka refer to, today!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This is an awesome video. I like how first you show the real time applications of it before you show us the breakdown. The presentation is fantastic.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Thank you, everyone! It was very cool for us to get props from McCarthy Sensei, and I'm glad that people are finding the material interesting and valuable! We wanted to make something that would showcase not only the original material from the Bubishi, but expansions on the material and examples of similar methods being used in other arts, to show how fighting is connected.

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

I think there is a revised version recently published, with more content. Anybody seen it yet? I'm thinking of adding it to my ever increasing library of MA books......I have the e version of the first run.

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

I think there is a revised version recently published, with more content. Anybody seen it yet? I'm thinking of adding it to my ever increasing library of MA books......I have the e version of the first run.

The release date isn't actually until next Tuesday, the 21st, but I do have an advance copy to review for my site. I haven't read it all, just yet, but the new forewords are interesting.