• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate Do Gichen Funakoshi

Bulltahr

Just read it, easy, interesting read. Surprised to see where the name "Shotokan" came from for the JKA.

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's a very good book. I like short books like this one. It also gives good insight on the way things were in Okinawa and Japan during his era.

On a side note, I see you won the auction on a picture of Kaicho. We have a similar one in our dojo that was given to my CI by one of the students. If it's anything like that one, they're quite nice.

On a side note, I see you won the auction on a picture of Kaicho. We have a similar one in our dojo that was given to my CI by one of the students. If it's anything like that one, they're quite nice.

Yeap, I want to gift it to my club, problem is we don't have a permanent home. Actually the book I bought as part of a library of MA and Seido books. that I am building up. Idea being that everyone in the club has access to good reference books, especially the younger club members.

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

Great book! Regardless of one's style. I think it probably goes a long way to getting over some of the myths that surround karate as a whole.