Nidan Grading soon

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck sir stay relaxed and focused, you'll be fine!

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

• 3 weeks later...

So i just got home an hour or so ago. It ran for 5 and a 1/2 hours.

It was probably the hardest grading ever held at my dojo. As we were under the pump the whole time.

As an unfortunate testament it made me throw up 3 times. One of those times i barely got to the sink in time. One other student threw up once.

We had a 15 min warm up of sheer torture, 2 hours of straight combinations maybe more. 30 mins of kata from Taikyoku Mawashi Ichi to the last required kata of Seisan. But as i was grading with 2 others attempting Nidan and 1 for Shodan we had to do extra. We all did Seipai Kata (the one who was attempting Shodan) then i did Shisochin, 1 did Kururunfa and the other did Suparempei.

Pre-Arranged Sparring was a killer as we did Gekesai, Saifa and Seeiunchin Bunkai (for those needing it), then followed up by Gyakusoku Kumite Ni & San then Yonhon Kumite, Gohon Kumite and Roppon Kumite. Followed up by Kyogi Kumite where you had to do 25 of the required kata (For me Sanseru).

Kumite lasted an hour and we had not only my sensei who joined in but also had Sensei Adrian, Sensei Leon Romary (he was formely ranked 8th in the world) and Sempei's Mohammed and Steven in. So very intense. The last bout we had was myself and the other 2 candidates had to go 2 on 1 and rotate. Once I heard Yame from sensei my stomach decided to appear and make me vomit and had to run to the sink.

While I wouldn't say that training to the point of vomiting 3 times is a good practice (not trying to be annoying!), I am glad you made it through and hope you get good news soon!

Patrick