• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Work Ethics!!

I think anyone who wants to be at the top and with the best, has definitely put the work in. There's no other way, imho!!

You have to have the work ethic! You have to be willing to push yourself; not being satisfied with where you are.

A lot of times, people get caught up in...

"Well, I'll do it tomorrow...ah...I'll do it tomorrow...ah...I'll do it tomorrow!" No! You got to do it now! You got to work now! So that tomorrow is much better!!

I'd like to think that my work ethics are quite high. If they weren't, I'd not be where I am presently at in Shindokan. Dai-Soke was a taskmaster, and I thank him for being that way, instilling an admirable work ethic in me, both on and off the floor.

This mindset isn't just for the MA, but it's in anything one's involved in!!

Any thoughts?!

:)

Edit: At times, I just can't spell!!

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There is no substitute for hard work. That was written on a college athletics weight room at a school I worked at. It meant a lot of things.

If I owned a dojo, it would be written in kanji right next to the shinzen. I figure people would take it more seriously if it was a Japanese saying somehow. Ren Ma (keep polishing) would flank the other side.

A famous football coach (which one escapes my memory) said "That which should be done tomorrow MUST be done today."

I'll do it tomorrow is an excuse. One that I've used many times too, unfortunately.

No substitute for hard work and hard work is a great substitute for talent. Perhaps it is because those with natural talent are often prone to letting themselves think that talent does not need to be kept up or improved. Natural talent may only carry one so far, after that hard work is all that is left to make a difference. More often than not those who work hard are still working hard long after most naturals have given in to boredom and quit or stagnate at the same level thinking further improvement is not possible.

Work ethics, imho, should be at the top and at the middle and at the bottom of any school's rule list; never out of ones thoughts; constantly reminded that those who have a solid work ethics all of the time, excuses aren't needed in the beginning of the day and in the middle of the day and at the end of the day!!

In the end, it's the work ethic that really separates the wheat from the chafe. Like I am fond of saying: Martial arts is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I think anyone who wants to be at the top and with the best, has definitely put the work in. There's no other way, imho!!

You have to have the work ethic! You have to be willing to push yourself; not being satisfied with where you are.

A lot of times, people get caught up in...

"Well, I'll do it tomorrow...ah...I'll do it tomorrow...ah...I'll do it tomorrow!" No! You got to do it now! You got to work now! So that tomorrow is much better!!

I'd like to think that my work ethics are quire high. If they weren't, I'd not be where I am presently at in Shindokan. Dai-Soke was a taskmaster, and I thank him for being that way, instilling an admirable work ethic in me, both on and off the floor.

This mindset isn't just for the MA, but it's in anything one's involved in!!

Any thoughts?!

I have to agree with this.

The thing I have learned along time ago. The results are directly effected by the amount of focus you put into it. It's a lesson I wish kids would learn before they hit teen years. This is the same for karate, school work, Work, and everyday life.

Ethics, of all types, are constantly challenged for the good as well as the bad. I suppose that this is to be expected. How we meet it head on, and strive forward for the good, helps to measure us on and off the floor.

Not everyone has the same work ethics! My work ethics are not and were not the same as my Sensei...and it shouldn't have to match his. My work ethics aren't the same as Greg, our Kancho...and it shouldn't have to match his either. This is not a contest of who's work ethics are better than others because that will be seen evidently one way or another.

"Worry about yourself!" said my Sensei over and over whenever someone thinks that they're above or below others.

I love seeing peoples work ethic, seeing it in the dojo varies from student to student. A lot of the younger or more inexperienced students they are still developing it.

But we have had many students that are young that have AMAZING Work Ethic. As they go above and beyond their age for maturity and how hard they work

Work ethic is important, no matter what you are doing. Whether you are a programmer, or a dishwasher, its important that when one does a job, one works hard and to their best ability. It becomes a habit, and its a good one that transfers to any endeavor.