• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate blogging

muttley

I started out blogging on Blogger about 7 years ago, and posted pretty regularly for a while. Then, I took a couple years off, and then started up a new blog on Blogger, which I kept up with better. Recently, I upgraded to using WordPress.

Personally, I think blogging is a very healthy way of delving into your own thoughts on your training.

I completely agree with you, the fact that you can always refer back to it too.

Wordpress has more customisable features which I like.

What's your blog address, I'd like to have a look around. :)

“Spirit first, technique second.” – Gichin Funakoshi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've THOUGHT about Blogging, but that's as far as I've gone...a thought!! My problem, I'm computer super stupid, and get overwhelmed quite quickly over many of things. I don't know what to buy or what not to buy, etc., EVEN after I've done some research or spoke with someone, I'll just stand/sit there like deer staring at some headlights. The interest within me quickly dies.

Managing the darn thing must require a fair share of time to make it a grand success. From time to time, I've no time outside of my duties within the SKKA, while other times, I'm as dormant as a slug; more time on my hands than I know what to do with.

Then, the biggest turn off to me is that I'm afraid that whatever I write, will not be received well, if at all. Just like writing an article or coming up with a topic here at KF; great to me...but not great to KF members/readers....I've BORED them to death, at times, more than I care to remember.

Blogging, websites, podcasts, and things like that scare the nerve right out of me. I try them, then they sit on the shelf collecting more dirt than what's in the Sahara Desert.

I know, the problem is ME!! I'm such a dork!! Martial Arts; I can do that quite well, thank you. After that, I'm at a great loss before I even begin!!

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Uhhhh...being 62 years old and not really up on all this "blogger" stuff..isn't what you're talking about the same thing as what we're doing here on this site???

Kind of, basically it is where you post what you want without moderators etc (Sorry to the Mods on this site)

If no readers, then why blog to begin with? To vent? Sounds like no fun. Sounds like someone taking a long walk all by themselves; no one to share the experience with.

That is the risk...no readers, but yourself!!

:roll:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I would like a martial arts radio on satellite radio and the internet. I'm talking all martial arts from boxing to tai chi. Multiple shows on multiple disciplines and competitive martial arts, talk shows, informative shows and call in shows.

I would enjoy that more than a blog.

WildBourgMan

I would like a martial arts radio on satellite radio and the internet. I'm talking all martial arts from boxing to tai chi. Multiple shows on multiple disciplines and competitive martial arts, talk shows, informative shows and call in shows.

I would enjoy that more than a blog.

I think some blogs do that as well where they occassionaly post a podcast that way.

That is the risk...no readers, but yourself!!

Its not really a risk, I put up an almost blank blog, all it had was a picture of a tree and the caption "I don't know what I am doing with this yet", back when I was learning about blogger. I forgot about it and started other blogs, fully intending to get around to writing something for it in the future. It gets around 15-30 hits per day!

It can soon turn from a karate blog to a personal blog.

After a good number of weeks and there is little hits, its probably best to give it up as a bad job unless you consider advertising or using a custom domain.

Videos is the thing nowadays or 'vlogging'

“Spirit first, technique second.” – Gichin Funakoshi