• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What's an interesting or unique fact about where you live?

cathal

My city has a lot of foxes that have been displaced due to expanding construction. So most of these foxes have become urban foxes, and its not uncommon to hear them (disturbing at first) and see them more often than dogs.

:)

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from South Louisiana. About 56 miles south of New Orleans, to be exact. And people always clown around and ask "if we have alligators in our yards". Well, that's not totally untrue!

Now, we're not like we're portrayed in movies like "The Waterboy". (Not all of us, anyway!). But depending on what's around your neighborhood, you may wake up to find a very toothy reptile in your grass on occasion!

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

Robert Frost taught English at my high school for five years. Over 100 years later, our English program is still insanely demanding in an attempt to live up to that. I drive by his farm (now a historical site) every day. The woods there are lovely-- dark and deep.

Also-- the first potato planted in the US was planted just up the road from me.

Micro climate.

Inca Warriors - Warriors of the Inca people were brainwashed for many years to forget fear completely until they became fearless to everything and then they were officially a warrior.

Micro climate.

What's it like?

:)

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Richard III passed through my village at the weekend. Though he went through that fast you'd think he was late for his own funeral :roll:

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

The town where I live, Glenrothes, is one of Scotland's new towns, so it is not famous for anything more than being home to Dougray Scott (of Mission Impossible II fame) And also being one time winner of the annual "Scotland's most dismal town award" :lol:

My hometown of Helensburgh, on Scotland's west coast, however, is famous for many reasons, one of which is being the home of John Logie Baird, inventor of the television.

Mo.

Be water, my friend.

Hey Cathal

we are in east canada NB, we have dominant weather patterns that come from the west,north,south.

You can get hot sun, rain ,cold and snow in the same day

most days have a cool and warm part other than mid seasons

we have summer-fall-winter-spring but last few years seem like summer-winter-winter-winter, lol :rofl2:

from were i am if i drive 50km north and south 4 jet streams are clearly visible as rain stops always on the same line on one of em and the other have different weather on either side year round

Inca Warriors - Warriors of the Inca people were brainwashed for many years to forget fear completely until they became fearless to everything and then they were officially a warrior.