• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

KarateForums.com Awards 2014: Winners Revealed!

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com. :)

After a month of nominating and voting, the 2014 edition of KarateForums.com Awards have come to their conclusion. It is now time for us to announce the winners.

Before I do so, I wanted to once again congratulate everyone who was nominated. This means that the members of our community put your name forward during the nominations period. Regardless of the outcome - whether or not you win - it's a beautiful thing and you should be proud. If you did not win or were not nominated, please do not take it personally. These awards do have meaning, but they are also for fun and not everyone can win or be nominated. Please join me in congratulating our winners. :)

In addition, thank you to everyone who participated in the process by nominating and voting. It is the community that selected the nominees and decided the winners. There are no KarateForums.com Awards without you.

Most nominees took the time to vote in the categories where they were nominated. Since you can't vote for yourself, your choice is to vote for someone else or not vote at all. Yet most members chose to vote for a fellow member. That says a lot, and I love to see it.

Without further ado, here are our winners:

1. Member of the Year: (tie) Nidan Melbourne and Hawkmoon

2. New Member of the Year: Spartacus Maximus

3. Community Spirit Award: sensei8

4. Staff Member of the Year: Wastelander

5. Funniest Member of the Year: (tie) Hawkmoon and cheesefrysamurai

6. Karate Contributor of the Year: sensei8

7. Jiu-Jitsu and Grappling Martial Arts Contributor of the Year: tallgeese

8. Korean Martial Arts Contributor of the Year: DWx

9. Equipment Contributor of the Year: Wastelander

10. Health, Training and Fitness Contributor of the Year: (tie) bushido_man96 and tallgeese

11. Instructor Central Contributor of the Year: sensei8

12. Article of the Year: Force Continuum for the Civilian Martial Artist by bushido_man96

Congratulations to Nidan Melbourne, Hawkmoon, Spartacus Maximus, Bob (sensei8), Noah (Wastelander), cheesefrysamurai, Alex (tallgeese), Danielle (DWx) and Brian (bushido_man96)! :)

I would also like to congratulate Bob on moving into a tie with Brian for the most KarateForums.com Awards won with 13 in total. That's an amazing number - for both Bob and Brian!

For past winners and the overall tally of awards won per member, please check out: http://www.karateforums.com/awards.php

Thank you for reading and for supporting the KarateForums.com Awards.

Sincerely,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wow! I was not expecting that, considering the other members who were in the categories that I won. Thank you, everyone! And congratulations to all!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

:wink: cool!

Thanks guys!

Totally unexpected and greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the trust, patience, time and votes!

"I'd like to thank my mom, sensei, the dog and ... so on and so forth!"

Roll on 2015!

Yay!

Osu!

Edited by Hawkmoon

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

:) Thank you for the replies. Nice acceptance speech, Hawkmoon.

I don't recall if there have been ties in the past or not?

You can view the full award history here: http://www.karateforums.com/awards.php

Prior to this year, there had been a total of 7 ties. Oddly enough, you and Alex tied in the Health, Training and Fitness Contributor of the Year category, too. Quite a coincidence. :)

Also, I wanted to mention if it wasn't clear already, you can click on the award title to view the full poll results.

Thanks,

Patrick