• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fitness Challenge

Here is a challenge I have given my students and friends for a workout.

Each set you do MUST be of moderate to high intensity and 60-75% Max Heart Rate

1 minute between sets

3 x 30 squats (in perfect form according to your body)

3 x 20 sit ups

3 x 10 plyometric push ups

- 5 minutes rest here -

3 x 50 mountain climbers (1 minute rest between sets)

- 3 minutes rest here -

1 x 100 burpees

CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR PRIOR TO DOING THIS! I only gave this to students who are free from any medical condition and are at low risk of injury.

What is your favourite fitness challenge that you came up with or have down

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'll be sure to give it a try, I'm always looking for new things to throw into my home workout sessions. Looks like one to use the heart rate monitor on.

Just one question, what is a plyometric push up and how does it differ from a normal push up?

M.

Be water, my friend.

I'll be sure to give it a try, I'm always looking for new things to throw into my home workout sessions. Looks like one to use the heart rate monitor on.

Just one question, what is a plyometric push up and how does it differ from a normal push up?

M.

A plyometric push up is when you are going into the 'up' phase of the push up you push yourself off the ground. So like clap push ups they are a form of plyometric push ups.

This video has a variation of it with steps that you can do.

So it differs to a normal one in that manner.

A heart rate monitor is a great idea prior to doing this and also to have a bottle of water and (if you wish) a bottle of gatorade/powerade.

A plyometric push up is when you are going into the 'up' phase of the push up you push yourself off the ground. So like clap push ups they are a form of plyometric push ups.

Ah yeah, we do them in class, didn't realise they had a fancy name we just call them clap push ups :P

M.

Be water, my friend.

Ah yeah, we do them in class, didn't realise they had a fancy name we just call them clap push ups :P

M.

You can be quite surprised when you find out what you've done for years actually has a name!

Kudos to you, man. That's more than I can put out. But I am going to be doing 300s weekly with the Aikido club for this month, so that will be killing me, I'm sure.

Kudos to you, man. That's more than I can put out. But I am going to be doing 300s weekly with the Aikido club for this month, so that will be killing me, I'm sure.

Admittedly I struggle after a while.

That makes me feel a little better. I did the 300 today at Aikido, and it takes me about an hour to get through it. I've been told at the Hombu, they aim to do it in 15 minutes, as a warm-up. So, I need a lot of work.

That makes me feel a little better. I did the 300 today at Aikido, and it takes me about an hour to get through it. I've been told at the Hombu, they aim to do it in 15 minutes, as a warm-up. So, I need a lot of work.

its the burpees at the end that are the killer after all the others.

its the burpees at the end that are the killer after all the others.

Those would just make me puke. Not fun, burpees.