• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

are face punches allowed in karate

are face punches allowed in karate in international events.

cause i am very good at punching. i should try boxing but its clubs are not available in my city and i also have to make a living thats why i cant leave this city . if there are face punches allowed then i can be a big time winner.

even chest punches are fine with me

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First of all, welcome to KF; glad you're here.

Usually no punches are allowed for those who are under BB; Advanced!! Even then, all must wear headgear and mouthpieces; no exceptions.

Having said that, depending on the tournament, face contact is allowed for BB's BUT the contact must be controlled at all times. Takedowns must be accompanied by an attack to the downed competitor immediate after said takedown. Otherwise, no point awarded.

All ranks under BB must demonstrate control at all times. This means that is your attack is to the face, said technique must come just short of the face, but any contact to the face, depending on the severity of the contact, a disqualification might be the rule of the center judge.

Always check with said tournament director to find out the EXACT rules and regulations before attending. Finding out when it happens isn't the way to compete safely for all concerned, imho.

Any other contact to any other parts of the body THAT ARE ALLOWED must be controlled, in that, a chest contact must be a controlled patty-cake type of contact. Excessive contact is determined to be so by the center judge.

:)

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

You'd have to look at the rules of various tournaments to find that out. Some do, some don't. MMA allows face punching. Perhaps you could train for a competition like that? Lots of areas have small organizations putting on local fights.

I think it depend on the style .... It's not allowed in Kyokushin

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

In WKF tournament rules, you are supposed to carry out a technique in such a way that it's entirely in your control - you could have destroyed your opponent and planted your hand through their head and killed them, but you stopped a centimetre or two away from their face and successfully pulled back without losing control of the situation. That scores a point.

Generally Karate for sport is non-contact, or is supposed to be non-contact. For that reason, face 'hits' are allowed.

Nidan - Shotokan Karate

Mukyu- Akikai Aikido

If contact to the face is not allowed, said technique MUST stop just mere inches from contact. In that, said judges can determine that the technique would've been effective enough to warrant said point(s). However, if said technique isn't even close, no points will be awarded, of course.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

find a boxing club.

then see how good at punching you really are.

if you hit hard but are much slower than your opponent?

it'll be a really tough lesson. Street fighters tend to get beat up pretty badly in the ring. Always throwing haymakers...never landing...exhausted by round 2.

better to go into any sport or martial art with an open mind.