• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

About diet

Ellacooper

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's important to get the right proteins and carbohydrates at the right time. Plenty of vegetarian options including supplements that help a lot.

I recommend reading Gary Null's book, Ultimate Lifetime Diet.

He's over the top but take what suits you and work with it.

This book was a life changer for me - hope it helps! :)

To quote the great Bob Marley: "LOVE IS MY RELIGION"

It depends, some vegetarians eat fish, so if you're one of them a diet rich in fish such as salmon, fresh tuna and trout etc, is good. I eat fish at least 3 times a week, and not being vegetarian myself, I also eat a lot of chicken. If you want to keep your muscles working well a protein rich diet is always good. Good sources of protein for vegetarians include almonds, cottage cheese, peanut butter (no added salt or sugar variety) quinoa, various types of beans.

After a tough class I usually put some carbs in with my protein, such as wholewheat pasta, brown rice or wholegrain breads. I eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables too.

Cut down on processed sugary foods like cakes and biscuits, also fizzy juices like cola.

You could probably get a more comprehensive list for vegetarians on google.

M.

Be water, my friend.

There is no one size fits all approach when it comes to diet, also depends on what your trying to do.

But for Martial Arts it is still varies on person, as it depends on intensity of session (and how intense you personally worked), length of session, what you did during the class etc.

If you really need to overall on your diet go speak to a dietition or a nutritionist, and make sure that you tell them that it has to be specific.

Otherwise you need carbs and protein definitely in your diet. You cannot survive without carbs during the day and provides majority of the energy during exercise. Protein is MASSIVE for muscles.

Fish is great for omega-3 and should be included in every diet. which helps for brain and eye development

Diets vary more than the winds! Some are good and some aren't. Having said that, my only advice would be to speak with your doctor about any diet before you start any diet.

Imho!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Eat foods that are closer to their original state.

If you're going to eat meat, no processed stuff.

Veggies steamed or raw.

If it comes in a box, look at the ingredients, if there's more than a handful of ingredients... don't eat.

I've been eating clean for a while now... have noticed minute changes in the appearance of my skin, also have noticed more energy.

Drink water, no soda, and caffeinated items only sparingly.

I've approached my eating similar to how I do the martial arts... BACK to the Basics! :)

Veggies steamed or raw.

If it comes in a box, look at the ingredients, if there's more than a handful of ingredients... don't eat.

I've been eating clean for a while now... have noticed minute changes in the appearance of my skin, also have noticed more energy.

I've approached my eating similar to how I do the martial arts... BACK to the Basics! :)

I'm on the same diet although my weakness is caffeine and...good scotch. :) :)

To quote the great Bob Marley: "LOVE IS MY RELIGION"

• 4 weeks later...

I eat mostly fish due to their lack of fat, and the antibiotics that cows tend to have. I also eat lots of dirty rice or noodles (with vegetables) for lunch so I don't get too much fat in me. I tend to drink either sweet tea or water. Occasionally I'll have an ice cream soda. Usually, breakfast is frosted cheerios or hard-boiled eggs. Milk is always whole.

• 2 weeks later...

Veggies steamed or raw.

I'm on the same diet although my weakness is caffeine and...good scotch. :) :)

Best advice ever, and you have to have some vices....

I try to have 80 percent meat, veg, fruit as it was intended and not mixed up with chemicals or salt/sugar. The other 20 percent is pure convenience or indulgence....

When I work hard I have a healthy intake of food but I see this as fuel for the body, some people at the gym try all sorts of whacky rubbish and have certain shakes after certain workouts - too much hassle for me - just eat what god intended us to eat.