• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is your MA goal?

What is your martial arts goal? Whether it be to get in shape, create a system or get to black belt, post it here, I'm interested to know.

My goal is to be a weapons master.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I start Karate my main goals were to improve my fitness, getting myself tougher and self defense.

But now after 2 months of training, I guess I can add to the above mentioned goals improving my mood (specially with work/life stresses) and get the highest rank I can :D

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

To be a weapons master would be awesome. Maybe someday I'll have the time to join the Aikido club and do some more jo work.

My goal, overall, is to continue to learn, train, and grow so that if the need ever arises, I can use my skills at work successfully. I also want to be able to provide my fellow officers with the tools necessary to do the same.

I really like MP's answer on this. Above all, that's what I want to be able to do.

There are some specifics depending on what I'm doing. At the core there has to be a combative aspect to it at some level. That's the core goal. But I've learned as I've grown in the arts that this can vary to different levels.

Despite the aspects of BJJ that are great combatives, I enjoy the artistry of it as well. This is magnified when I look at my current exploration of JKD/ FMA. While the blade arts are very violent and rooted in combat, I find them beautiful as well and realistically love the fun of doing them.

Unless your competing at a high level in a specific venue there's room for this.

im a purple belt and im studying American Kenpo karate for 7 month so my goal is to improve my technique form and stances also win 1st place in the tournament also be a black belt soon and be 2nd gen sifu with the adult and kids

I love Shotokan Karate Do and American Kenpo Karate