• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any regrets. . . . .

Being honest with myself, I've only one regret...the passing of Dai-Soke! Other than that, I've no regrets!! Sure, I've failed, but I've also succeeded, these things make us the MAists that we are.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Great thread!

It's hard to be in this for an extended time and not have some regrets. Luckily, none of mine are earth shattering, but they would have changed things for sure.

First, I wish I would have trained SMARTER, younger. I wish I had known how pushing too hard would have effected me later. Again, nothing debilitating, but I'm tired of knowing when it's going to rain my how my wrist feels.

Next, I would have like to have made the jump when I was fighting and do more than just amateur level events. One or two pro bouts, no matter how primitive by today's standards, would have been nice to have in the back pocket. However, that's an ego thing so I don't rank it real high.

I have been lucky to not have an extended layoff. But along those lines, I wish I would have moved to pure BJJ earlier than I did. I wish I would have met some of the people I know now in life earlier.

But all of that said, my journey has been fantastic and hopefully it's not even close to over.

Being honest with myself, I've only one regret...the passing of Dai-Soke! Other than that, I've no regrets!! Sure, I've failed, but I've also succeeded, these things make us the MAists that we are.

I've been doing the MA for 50 years this October, and in that, I've just a few regrets BUT, I don't dwell on them, I've learnt from them, and that is why I've no regrets.

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I regret taking time off for my vce studies. As I suffered from Depression in year 12 and i realised recently that I should have continued training that would have helped me through with depression.

Even if I trained once a week that would have helped me through my mental health issues.

I wish i had started training back again earlier than i did.

I regret taking time off for my vce studies. As I suffered from Depression in year 12 and i realised recently that I should have continued training that would have helped me through with depression.

Even if I trained once a week that would have helped me through my mental health issues.

I wish i had started training back again earlier than i did.

Martial Arts definitely helped me through my depression, even though there was a time where I didn't want to go to classes because of it. Depression is terrible and it saps your will to do everything but luckily I had my mother, who was also in the class with me, to make me go.

That being said, it's awesome that you've started up again and now that you know that it will help you will always have motivation to keep coming back.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I'm just starting out, so no regrets yet. I'm very happy with my choice of dojo. This thread is great though, hopefully I can learn from it and have no regrets in the long run!

Regrets are (unfortunately) inevitable. To err is human and all that. The trick is identifying those regrets and moving forward. Eventually they become motivations and obstacles to overcome.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I'm just starting out, so no regrets yet. I'm very happy with my choice of dojo. This thread is great though, hopefully I can learn from it and have no regrets in the long run!

Regrets are (unfortunately) inevitable. To err is human and all that. The trick is identifying those regrets and moving forward. Eventually they become motivations and obstacles to overcome.

As an IT nerd, the best one I heard goes like this: "To err is human; to really foul up requires a computer!!!"

:P

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

I was wondering if any of you have any regrets regarding your training?

Possible examples are long gaps in training, wrong style, wrong school....

I am curious but also it may help some of those young wanderers who always believe there is always more time.

I know life gets in the way of training but so does laziness and lack of commitment.

I regret walking away from training when I was younger. I always saw myself as a martial artist. And its not like I wear my training like a badge, Im almost private about it, its more how I saw myself. Upon reflection I realized that, in part because my lack of REAL barriers preventing my training, and the amount of years that elapsed i don't fit my own definition of a martial artist and I made up my mind to commit myself again and I am very happy I did it.

I regret not seeking out Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu earlier in my martial arts career. I mocked it for so long. Then I experienced it and absolutely fell in love.

Don't get me wrong, I love all the other arts I've studied. But BJJ just made me better at them. It just makes sense to me.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."