• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

which instructor you like more ?

which instructor you like more, the one who tells you to keep doing the exercise (push-ups, crunches, ...) as much as you can even at slow pace till others finish or that who insists on completing the count till the end even if you can't ? and why ?

:-? :-? :-?

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an instructor, I feel it depends on the student. Is he/she a sandbagger or are they really putting in the effort or is there a lesson they need to learn. Every student's journey is different. For me personally-quality is far more important than quantity-the repititions will come with time.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Every student's journey is different. For me personally-quality is far more important than quantity-the repititions will come with time.

8)

That's what I think too .... it's always good to go beyond the limit but to a certain limit too :D

It's difficult for me as a white belt student who just started 1 month ago from a zero level of fitness to do the same count as a black belt guy who has been training for years .... bit unfair :cry:

The instructor who challenges his/her students day in and day out...that's the instructor I like!!

:)

yes that would be the best :)

As an instructor, I find it easy to fall into the rut of just repeating the same exercises over and over again in an effort to "push students". So, to prevent this, I frequently do things to switch things up, keep them guessing, but most importantly, find different ways to push the students.

For instance, instead of doing our usual 30 - 50 pushups each warmup session, I might do things like have students start in pushup position, do 5 pushups, drop to plank position on toes and elbows and hold for X amount of seconds, do 5 more pushups, switch to left-elbow planks and hold, 5 more pushups, switch to right-elbow planks and hold, then 5 more pushups. It pushes the students equally as hard or harder than 30 pushups, keeps things moving, and works different parts of their core/body.

So, IMHO, I like the instructor that can find the most impactful way to push students as any given time. The most impactful was to push students might change (most likely will) from day to day or week to week.

:karate:

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

That instructor is rare. Slightly above lowest common denominator training seems more common.

totally agree with you :)

As an instructor, I find it easy to fall into the rut of just repeating the same exercises over and over again in an effort to "push students". So, to prevent this, I frequently do things to switch things up, keep them guessing, but most importantly, find different ways to push the students.

For instance, instead of doing our usual 30 - 50 pushups each warmup session, I might do things like have students start in pushup position, do 5 pushups, drop to plank position on toes and elbows and hold for X amount of seconds, do 5 more pushups, switch to left-elbow planks and hold, 5 more pushups, switch to right-elbow planks and hold, then 5 more pushups. It pushes the students equally as hard or harder than 30 pushups, keeps things moving, and works different parts of their core/body.

So, IMHO, I like the instructor that can find the most impactful way to push students as any given time. The most impactful was to push students might change (most likely will) from day to day or week to week.

:karate:

That's pretty good way to do it ;)