• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Facebook Ads

Is anyone here skilled in Facebook Ads? Any tips? Right now I'm finding the easiest thing to do is boost my academy posts.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've STILL not mastered FB, and I don't think I ever will. FB is the bane of my existence, well, computers in general hate me, including apps and the like.

So, sorry, I'd be of no help. When you figure it out, please let me know where I've failed.

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!

If I were you, I'd message Patrick and call his attention to this post. Someone who runs several websites is likely who you want here.

Solid post :D

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

We put a group and page together but we generally only get 30-40 percent of our members look at it, paying FB for ads would be a complete waste of time for us, nobody has found us through it. We have the odd one that found our website through searching, nobody searches FB, you get things shared amongst friends and they may show a bit of interest but the majority of people's friends are miles away.

The concept is great that friends share it and then their friends see it etc but you need to turn these people into customers not collect "likes", no good if they don't live near your dojo.

Are you looking at the paid ads ps1 or "free" methods of promoting like photos and to like and share?

FWIW I think the paid ads aren't much and you can run them for any length of time you like. Last time I looked it was £3/day for targeting your local area. Maybe pay a little for a weeks worth and see how it benefits you?

I would offer the other side of the coin to mal103's experience and say that we've had a positive response from it. Not massive numbers but enough interest to make it worthwhile. So have other instructors I know. You do have to be very proactive with it though and post a lot of photos and statuses which you can tag people in a get on other's timelines. But then we have a good student base anyway so have a lot of people to tag etc.

I guess it also depends on the demographic you want to reach too. Facebook seems very much to be a younger person thing or at least those who have larger networks and not just close friends and family tend to be younger I think.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I think I finally have it figured out. For certain, they aren't free. But they're not that expensive either.

I generally agree with you, Adam. But I try to have 10 to 15 marketing items going at any given time. FB ads, at $3 to 5/day is working pretty well now.

I also like that FB ads lets you chose up to 6 different pics to put with the ad. So it's like having 6 ads going at once.