• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How to strengthen your Kick ?

Safroot

Resistance and the heavy bag are separately good things to strengthen your kicks. When you're ankle's ready to beat the tar out of a bag, it'll be there, waiting for your return.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resistance and the heavy bag are separately good things to strengthen your kicks. When you're ankle's ready to beat the tar out of a bag, it'll be there, waiting for your return.

I am really waiting for bag work .... hopefully will happen one day :uhoh:

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

I am really waiting for bag work .... hopefully will happen one day :uhoh:

Kicking the bag isn't just about the kicking leg, either. You learn how to use the strength in the base leg to maintain balance and control while kicking hard, which is also a valuable point you don't really pick up when you kick the air in basics.

Kicking the bag isn't just about the kicking leg, either. You learn how to use the strength in the base leg to maintain balance and control while kicking hard, which is also a valuable point you don't really pick up when you kick the air in basics.

Yes that's true ... thanks for the advice the only thing is I cant kick with my left leg as the impact come to my torn ligament exactly and it's really painful ... currently I am kicking in the air to get the technique right !

Yes that's true ... thanks for the advice the only thing is I cant kick with my left leg as the impact come to my torn ligament exactly and it's really painful ... currently I am kicking in the air to get the technique right !

Kicking the air is ok. Its easy to control and you don't have to worry about impact. But, I do think kicking the air hard and fast can be a detriment to the health of one's knees. So be mindful when you do free kicking like that.

I do think kicking the air hard and fast can be a detriment to the health of one's knees. So be mindful when you do free kicking like that.

Thanks for advice :) I am not hitting hard anyway :D