• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kids Karate

Safroot

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I SAY SEVEN

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

Completely depends on the school. Some schools do well at teaching basics to kids as young as 3. Others do much better at only working with adults. Most schools are somewhere between the two ranges. Whichever school you choose, make sure that the classes are divided into smaller age groups, and that what is being taught is age appropriate for your child. No classes for 3-6 year olds, no classes with 8 year olds and adults training together, etc.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

I believe that it's down to the individual child, as they all develop differently. While some associations will offer classes for those as young as 3 (eg Karate Tots), I believe that the average the age is around 5.

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

I believe that when they're ready for the 1st grade of elementary school, they're just right for the MA. However, I/we do start them at 5, which is more like controlled play, this incorporates them into the dojo atmosphere and the like.

Personally, I think 9/10 years of age is a very solid age to begin because this age is ready for most MA activities.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

We take children from the age of 5 but as wagnerk has said, it's down to the individual child as some 5 year olds have fantastic focus while some 8 year olds don't.

I did once have a parent ask his her 2 year old could take part (and this was after she had come and watched a lesson)

We take children from the age of 5 but as wagnerk has said, it's down to the individual child as some 5 year olds have fantastic focus while some 8 year olds don't.

I did once have a parent ask his her 2 year old could take part (and this was after she had come and watched a lesson)

Imho, I think 2 years old is much too young for the MA.

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Imho, I think 2 years old is much too young for the MA.

I agree, the parent was astonished when I said that they would have to wait until they are at least 5! I think she was after a babysitting service rather than a martial arts class.