• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tips for better stamina / a good cardio workout

ossemon

So how has your cardio workout gone? Any help from the posts?

Yes, cardio workout was had.. For a SHORT while. Then my knee revealed to have a torn meniscus, and that was the end of that for now.

I'm not allowed to run until the surgery, but I was told this week that I need to ride my bike to train my knee. Now I need to get a bike :P

Karate ni Sente Nashi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak with a local physiotherapist and they should be able to give you a series of exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knee safely. The stronger the muscles are the better the surgery and recovery goes.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
If your knees are up for it, I'd like to suggest...Swimming. I love it and it's a great cardio workout.

:)

I agree with you on this one.

I have bad knees (so running i can't do) and swimming is exactly what i do. Especially when it comes to working on cardio and stamina.

It is a high intensity low impact exercise that is an awesome aerobic exercise.

• 2 months later...

I found that preparing for my big events, weight circuit training was a big help.

I would do usually 5 or 6 main lifts, without a rest, and 30 - 60 seconds rest between circuits. Id even go as far as a breathing restrictor.

Obviously the weight that I would use would be less than my standard weight training days.

Martial arts isn't purely cardiovascular, and there is a lot of muscular endurance as well.

I found circuits worked great, usually before my regular training session.